My '86 Pearl WSX

pearlygates

Gold Member
Just completed the resto on her. Sounds freakin' awesome!

WRXGIZZY007.jpg

WRXGIZZY009.jpg

OptionWSX007.jpg

WSXfullkit014.jpg

That is a very clean set of Pearls. Nice job on the res-to. I did notice the small air vent missing on the top of the kick drum (it can be picked up at your local drum shop for penny's). Lets here some audio on this old girl...

Thanks for the comment.. Yeah the air vents eyelets have to be ordered. I checked locally and wasn't able to find any. I even went to hardware stores to no avail. Will have to order some online. I have many hours into this kit.. The payoff is very rewarding to me.

Before..

002.jpg

007.jpg

After..

Worldstom12sparkel001.jpg

PearlWSXfinito008.jpg

OptionWSX006.jpg

Finally...

WRXGIZZY007.jpg

There is a quality in sound with these older (80's) Pearl drums that is so pleasing to me.
They age quite nicely. Not unlike my '83 Pearl MX resto I had done earlier this year.

Massive kudos Pealy, that kit looks absolutely beautiful. I love the restoration threads as I admire the skill and effort that goes into giving drums that are a bit past it, a new lease of life.

Really digging the finish you've chosen, it sort of reminds me of one of the Pearl Reference finishes but once again, nice work :)

Congrats on bringing new life to your kit! It looks great. How are you liking the contacts. I had a 22" contact that I got when they first came out, but it has since been stolen...it was my favorite ride period...

Kudos to you brother...excellent job. They look as good as anything you're likely to find on any sales floor nowdays. Now, go enjoy them...

Massive kudos Pealy, that kit looks absolutely beautiful. I love the restoration threads as I admire the skill and effort that goes into giving drums that are a bit past it, a new lease of life. Yessir! It was a labor of love to be sure! Thanks!

Really digging the finish you've chosen, it sort of reminds me of one of the Pearl Reference finishes but once again, nice work :)
Thanks.. Folks think it looks like granite sparkle.

Congrats on bringing new life to your kit! It looks great. How are you liking the contacts. I had a 22" contact that I got when they first came out, but it has since been stolen...it was my favorite ride period...
Thanks man! The dream contacts are amazing! Love my dream cymbals!

Kudos to you brother...excellent job. They look as good as anything you're likely to find on any sales floor nowdays. Now, go enjoy them...

Thanks ! I appreciate the kind words people! I saw this kit looking rather neglected and unappreciated, so I took it upon myself to embark on a mission of mercy! haha...

They sound beautiful! I have an affinity for the 80's Pearl stuff!!!

Back