Custom Drums

H20

I thought I'd post for feedback a custom set my son and I made for gigging. I play a set of Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes--we made these on a custom basis from some beautiful 6 ply Keller shells, and I have to say they sound better than the Yamahas.

Hope you enjoy--pics and a sound sample (not the greatest quality, made on a Zoom recorder with some compression, but gives an idea). Would love any feedback.

Sound Sample here:
http://boomp3.com/listen/bzfpbol93_t/razor-drums-sample

Thanks!

Attachments

• Gig Kit 1 July 26 2008.jpg
    Gig Kit 1 July 26 2008.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 742
  • Gig Kit 2 July 26 2008 (2).jpg
    Gig Kit 2 July 26 2008 (2).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 748
  • Gig Kit 3 July 26 2008.jpg
    Gig Kit 3 July 26 2008.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 738
Those are beautiful!! Great job with the finish and they sound great, even though its a low-fi recording. Nice work!!

Nice kit there, lovely - very envious.

Anyway, what is it like having a 16" tom to the left of your snare?

Oh dear...Insane looking set.
How much did it cost to put that thing together in the end, if you don't mind me asking?

Ha! Insane as in a good way? So you'd like dollar figures, eh?

I'll share, but only after I hear guesses. I will say this, the sound is in my opinion higher quality than my Maple Custom Absolutes, which before these were my favorite sounding drums.

Thanks for the compliments--it was indeed a very satisfying project, to the point where we may decide to build a few for sale to friends. Lots of fun, and nice to do with your drummer son (who, by the way, is a whole lot better player than the old guy).

Hmmmm. Without the rack, or snare and superfluous hardware, and depending on the dimensions I would guess around 2500 USD... Am I close?

Shells, Wrap, Heads, Drilling, Lugs..... Yeah,

That is a beautiful drum kit, i'm sure your son must be happy :)

Back