What brand of kit do you play?

Mapex Saturn,
was going to sell it and get something else because I have never really been blown away by it. Last week I finally took it out of my basement and played a gig with it and man was she friggin thunderous. I was shocked, all the other band members were asking me what I did differently changed heads etc and all I really did was tune it up a little higher due to not being in my cement basement.

Felt like a whole new drumset, I sold my yamaha stage customs a while ago and am looking to get a 2nd kit again. I had planned on selling my saturns and buying 2 mediocre $500 kits but not anymore.. The Saturns are a keeper. although lugging them around is a chore as they are some heavy drums.

Mapex Saturn (8,10,12,14,16,22(x2)) with matching snare and Black Panther Hand Hammered Snare

Ludwig Classic Maples on order due to arrive in early August (12,14,16,22 plus matching snare)

Yamaha DTX/Pintech electonic kit.

Mapex Meridian Maple 6pc.

Attachments

• Kit3.jpg
    Kit3.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 1,165
Tama-Japan. Quality, versatility, flat out looks. Old school here, got over the Ludwig, Gretsch, Leedy USA whatever. Their own fault. Tama is the safest kit, bar none.

2010 DW Collectors in Black Velvet 22,10,12,14,16

1 Yammy Snare - Jimmy C. Sig

7 DW Snares - Steel, Bronze, Edge, Exotic, Black Oyster, Broken Glass and a Time Machine.

Why? I started on a PDP and always wanted a DW. Played a few used mid level Mapex and Tama. When the money was available, got my dream gear.

Wow many kits in the past 60 yrs 6-8 Mapex kits still own a orion kit but to heavy to gig with and is for sale. Now playing Crush kits, my first was the ash kit great sound and very light weight, basic black.I sold that and just purchased a Crush sublime tour kit it,s
Wow black with deep night sky colors. you have to see it to get the full sprectum.
The kit has a 13 inch snare and I was really not sure about it, but Iv,e changed the heads
and I can,t tell it,s not a 14 so it all worked out.I play mostly 50 rock&roll an blues & jazz. I,m living the dream and won,t let go. jz.

Gretsch Catalina Club Standard in Satin Natural finish. 18x22" bass drum, 12" and 14" toms and 14x5,5" snare. Cheap and really worth the price. Since it's mahogany drums they sound really fat and go well with coated heads, preferably two-ply. Love my ole Gretsch.

As far as cymbals go I have a 17" and an 18" Paiste 2002 Crash, a 21" Zildjian Sweet Ride (traditional finish), an 18" Zildjian A Custom crash and a pair of Sabian XS20 hihats. The Paiste Twins are my best friends; they sound incredible!

C&C - (2011) 22/12/16 with a 14X7 snare. It is a 3 ply maple in navy blue sparkle lacquer. My dream set, if for no other reason than the color. Great sounding kit too!

Ludwig Legacy (2012) 22/12/16 in gold sparkle wrap. Great sounding kit with a vintage vibe to it. A little brighter sounding than actual vintage kits, but it is close. (And it doesn't have any of the issues that vintage kits sometimes have.))

C&C (2012) 22/12/16 - 3 ply maple in burgundy sparkle wrap. This is my gigging kit, hence the wrap. Sounds great and no worries about scratching the finish!

Ludwig Downbeat (1968) 20/12/14 in gold sparkle wrap Love this little kit. The drums are probably the best sounding ones I own. It is finicky, and it has some issues, but when she's on, she's smoking!

Ludwig Standard (1971) 22/13/16 with a 14X5 snare in blue strata. A kit I hardly ever play, but it sounds great.

Percussion Plus, its my first kit. Got if off a friend for about 20 bucks so it was a steal if you ask me. It works just fine for playing along to music in my garage and the occasional jam session.

Back