Backstreet Boys

StaggerLee

Silver Member
Ok, so yesterday i went to see them live, which was my valentines gift to my lovely fiance. It was preceeded by a documentary of how they evolved today and bits, and christ if these guys didnt go through a rough lot (lost 80% of all income due to manager claiming manager fees, tax manager fees and 6th member fees) and on the side running a $300,000,000 ponzi scheme. To top it off one member had open heart surgery and was told the next day to be back on stage, and another had to go through same after having 2 knees replaced. Anyhow, documentary was actually good, but the live performance was actually rather amazing. It was an acoustic set, 3 guitars and i must confess really nicely planned out. The documentary and live performance gave me a lot of newfound respect for these guys. I also found out live they use a full band, and even give them solos etc, and they give them a great deal of respect and from the start said "make your own interpretation when playing". I just thought that was very nice. Anyhow, just thought id spread my thoughts :)

I didn't know they went through that stuff. Doesn't every band?

Led Zeppelin had a grizzly bear for a manager, but most bands get ripped off one way or another it seems.

The business part of the music business is scum-laden.

Their manager, who had a boy band music mill working, is now making music in prison. Good luck to him.

While today's performers have my sympathy, I am personally relieved to see this particular facet of the industry come to an end.

I'm sure that the SL's will continue to find new and innovative ways to gouge the earnings of young artists, but the classic "record deal" won't be one of them.

I saw the documentary. Sad to see kids abused.

On the flip side, I really enjoyed "The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players". They appeared to have their daughter's interests in mind.

I didn't know they went through that stuff. Doesn't every band?

Yep. I had three knees replaced.

Only one of them was mine. :)

Back