Leg Tattoo , Weeks off

beyondbetrayal

Platinum Member
Just did my second session, 8.5 hours... all i have to say is WOW did that hurt.

8+ hours was too long.

I have 2 more sessions of colour so In the next 2 months that will be about 3 weeks off which does suck.

Last edited:
Re: Leg tattoo, Week off uscks

ewwwww.
i believe you were looking for the off-topic lounge.

OK - I perfectly understand the artistry and pain that goes into a tatoo. And that the ultimate reason for doing it is simply, "I like it." But, I can never erase from my mind how my 70ish year old friends' tatoos look now.

I don't know what else to say - maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. Tats are just not in my way of thinking - which is worth exactly what you paid for it!

GeeDeeEmm

OK - I perfectly understand the artistry and pain that goes into a tatoo. And that the ultimate reason for doing it is simply, "I like it." But, I can never erase from my mind how my 70ish year old friends' tatoos look now.

I don't know what else to say - maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. Tats are just not in my way of thinking - which is worth exactly what you paid for it!

GeeDeeEmm

the link got messed up..

Fair enough. The only difference is, when I'm 70, all the other 70 year olds are going to be covered as well.

I can also wear pants :p

I see guys with neck, face, hand, knuckle tattoos.. that can not be hidden. even though mine is huge. its very easy to put on pants. I wear pants for work. and at any formal event its pants :)

Lastly we're very lucky and fortunate if we make it to 70/80 and are still in great health. Who cares what a tattoo looks like when your 70 :) When I'll be golfing with my wife/friends every day (hopefully) I'm not too worried about what people think about my leg

Fantastic, my friend! I LIKE your attitude. It's clear that you will never regret the tat.

Thanks for taking my alternate view in the way it was intended.

GeeDeeEmm

Just did my second session, 8.5 hours... all i have to say is WOW did that hurt.

8+ hours was too long.

I have 2 more sessions of colour so In the next 2 months that will be about 3 weeks off which does suck.

Dude if you want to pay somebody to hurt you ,why not get married?

Dude if you want to pay somebody to hurt you ,why not get married?

His tattoo is only eight and a half hours of suffering. I'm yet to meet a married man who's been let off that lightly.

I think you'll find that the tat is a hell of a lot cheaper in the long run too.

I understand what you mean. I've also suffered from pain while doing my first sleeve. But, dude, the result is worth it. This is a thing that you do for thr life time, so have patience and wait for your awesome result))
By the way, here's mine
https://tattoozza.com/thigh-tattoo
Saint-Blood-Dagger-Lettering-tattoo-sleeve.jpg

Are you saying that you have to take time away from drumming because you got a tattoo? I have been inked and played a gig the same day. Its not like playing will hurt the tattoo in any way. I have seen guys get tattoos backstage before a gig. Or maybe I am misunderstanding your OP.

Are you saying that you have to take time away from drumming because you got a tattoo? I have been inked and played a gig the same day. Its not like playing will hurt the tattoo in any way. I have seen guys get tattoos backstage before a gig. Or maybe I am misunderstanding your OP.

You missed the part that it was an 8 an a half hour session on my entire leg. Don't think you received an 8 hour piece and hit the stage the same day. Placement is a big issue too.. Front back and sides of knee didn't feel great and the knee gets moved alot when playing on the kit.

This is kindof an old post but I just noticed the reply.

@bonerpizza. it sucked being on the table that long. The guy is an amazing artist who doesn't really mess around with small pieces. He basically charges for 5 hour sessions, but if you can keep sitting he will keep going all night. I had to tap out as I think my body was starting to go into shock at that point lol.

Man you are lucky, this took five hours the other week and hurt like a mother as the tattoo guy admits he 'grinds in' these days with the gun

I'm covered so nothing new to me but it wasn't fun lol

Photo%2030-10-16%2C%2002%2006%2000.jpg

Back