vinnie paul signature gear!

elliotdrummer7227

hi! i was looking at the new namm pictures and found the new ddrum stuff.
so i checked on there website and i finally saw pictures of vinnie pauls signature line!
he has released a massived size kit but he also has a new pedal and 2 new snares!
i am in england so that all this new gear what be on sale for a while:(
has anyone tried out any of the gear?
one of the new things i like on the pedals are that you can a single and turn it into a lefty double as well as a righty!and you can also do vice-versa!

are the new pedals going to be any better than there old standard hardware?

any way if anyone has sound clips of videos of all the new videos please post!

post what you think of the new stuff and rviews and videos...............you get the idea
LINK:http://www.ddrum.com/main2.php

vinnieproductsheader.jpg

snares.jpg

pedalsweb.jpg

That black spiked snare and new black mapex kit with spiked lugs (IMO) looks ten times better than the (UGLY IMO) snakeskin kit.

Looks like nice stuff!

The Ddrum site has video of VP playing his kit, set up of the sizes etc...

I like the new lug on the Black snare too.
Not too keen on the dragons, but hey, it's his thing so....

And YES a lot better looking drum (the black one) than the lame, crappy, attempt at "snakeskin" on the Pearl drum.

I could do a better job in 10 minutes scanning and touching up snakeskin than what was on that drum. Whoever did it should be ashamed.

The technology of printing devices available today is amazing, so WHY the snakeskin looked so bad I have no idea.

I'll have to see the dragon snare in person to make a real comment on it, but in the pics...it looks kinda cheap-o on the finish. The rest of the drum looks cool, and the flames off his face logo badge looks done well....maybe a different pic?

They may not be out in shops yet. I haven't seen anything.

Namm stuff usually shows up a month or so after the show, sometimes longer.

Not really that much of a shocker, Vinnie has been a ddrum endorsee for years for their trigger systems. Pearl is so stacked with roster endorsees that they won't miss him. He is legendary, yes, but there is a world of hungry up-and-coming extreme metal drummers that all played his stuff before they got out of their teens. Who knows where the bar will be raised next. Just looking at the vinnie pedal from ddrum, it doesn't look revolutionary at all. I'm going to come out and call him out though, how many of us think he'll actually use his own pedal? I still think DW and Sonor have the best stable of endorsees.

To my knowledge ddrum doesn't make pedals....besides the Vinipaul one.

Seems like EVERYONE is headed over to ddrum.
Never thought I would see Vinnie Paul leave Pearl.

ddrum even snagged up Carmine Appice with a signature kit...

Well, Carmine will endorse just about anyone. He can add this to Ludwig, Slingerland, Pearl, Premier, Mapex and whomever he goes to next. He's the only guy who's endorsed all 3 of the main cymbals companies at different times, and gone through two different brands of signature sticks.

But I was talking with a buddy after NAMM, and I said Ddrum is really doing the best job marketing wise in creating excitement about their products. They're signing up guys who appeal to younger drummers, without going for flavor of the month bands. All of which is kind of how Pearl did it in the early 80s that took them from a minor overseas brand to one of the largest drum companies in the world.

As for Vinnie leaving Pearl, don't forget, he was with Remo drums for years before he went to Pearl.

As for Vinnie leaving Pearl, don't forget, he was with Remo drums for years before he went to Pearl.

Also a Tama endorser before Pearl. Don't know if it was before or after Remo.

Endorsements are also an investment by the company. It may cost a company $50K or more to provide an endorser his or her stuff/perks etc.

But that $50k doesn't just make the drummer happy. When the name drummer gigs out, it's like getting hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars worth of advertising.

I know there is another thread on this topic, but regardless of the attitude about it, it works very well.

Mapex knows that the right artist on the right kit becomes an indelible icon in the hearts and minds of drummer fans.

With the right endorsers and right identity investment from Mapex, they can really continue and expand sales.

Just look how Ludwig sales exploded due to Ringo, Buddy and Bonham.

Endorsements are also an investment by the company. It may cost a company $50K or more to provide an endorser his or her stuff/perks etc.

But that $50k doesn't just make the drummer happy. When the name drummer gigs out, it's like getting hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars worth of advertising.

I know there is another thread on this topic, but regardless of the attitude about it, it works very well.

Mapex knows that the right artist on the right kit becomes an indelible icon in the hearts and minds of drummer fans.

With the right endorsers and right identity investment from Mapex, they can really continue and expand sales.

Just look how Ludwig sales exploded due to Ringo, Buddy and Bonham.
True. Companies only bother to endorse because of the advertising benefits.

In the 80's, some companies actually paid key players to use their products, in addition to the free gear. It's obviously a tired and true formula for sales, or else it wouldn't be done on such a wide scale.

Back