My drum setup as of today :)

joshisaces

Gold Member
Pictures are old school. I made a video instead. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-jmEwLf0zQ

This is the setup in the video...

DRUMS:
Tama Rockstar
22x18 (Aquarian SK I Batter/Remo Ebony Pinstripe Reso w/ 5" Porthole)
12x9 (Aquarian Studio X Batter/Stock Reso)
13x10 (Aquarian Studio X Batter/Stock Reso)
16x16 (Aquarian Studio X Batter/Stock Reso)

13x7 Pork Pie Pig Lite Amber Acrylic Snare (Evans HD Genera Dry/ Hazy 300)

CYMBALS:
6 in. Stagg Black Metal Medium Bell
10 in. Homemade Splash
13 in. Sabian AA Fusion hats (b8pro in the video)
16 in. Sabian AAXplosion Crash
18 in. Sabian AA Rock Crash
18 in. Zildjian ZHT China (GREAT CHINA)
20 in. B8Pro Medium Ride

I'm replacing the ride REAL soon.

gool kit~!
some nice sabians as well!

nice kit as well!
how does the pork pie snare sound like?

elliot

If it's tuned right it sounds sweet. I got it for $130 so it's great for that, but if it's tuned too low it sounds pretty bad. I don't know. Maybe it's just because I like higher tuned snares...

Nice rig.

I noticed that you have the kit turned into the wall. People tease me all the time when I do that but sometimes I like the sound of all the lows and high just bouncing right back into me.

I like to turn my kits back and forth at the walls. I'm glad to see it's not just me.

Nice rig.

I noticed that you have the kit turned into the wall. People tease me all the time when I do that but sometimes I like the sound of all the lows and high just bouncing right back into me.

I like to turn my kits back and forth at the walls. I'm glad to see it's not just me.

Yeah, I get a real kick out of turning my kit around every so often. Pun intended!

I played a kit at a church once that was behind a really nice plexi wall.

It was amazing how the sound of the kit bounced back up into you and in the headphones the kit sounded great. Since then, sometimes I like to turn my kit back into my practice room wall to get that isolation booth kind of sound.

I didn't get them yet. I would have waited to make the video when I got 'em, but I had nothing to do yesterday.

Anyways, I'm gonna make a video of them on Tuesday.

and TTNW,
I have to face it towards the wall cause my room is so freaking small and I can't turn it around.

I don't like the sound that much. It doesn't project that well... That's for sure.

I know

into the wall sounds all muted and stifled but also it is alot like an iso booth. When you get bored, try setting it facing right into a corner. Sounds pretty good.

It's a little hard to make it all out in these, but the pics I took tonight were'nt very good. There are six bass drums loafing around under there.
mike600x800_1.jpg

mike600x800_2.jpg

Terry bozio inspired? :)

A little more than just "inspired", I'd say ;-)

No seriously, that's a great-looking kit. Must be loads of fun playing.

edit: I replied before watching the video, thinking the kit in the pictures was the one in the OP's video. Good-looking kits, both of you!

boomcrashbang:
Terry bozio inspired? :)

Of course not.

It's a flat-out ripoff! :)
Actually, I tried the basic setup years ago as a gag (just to see if I could make anything like that) and I ended up really liking the format, so it's kind of snowballed since then, and yes it's a BLAST to play on.

Carting around? Not so much.

Back