Rogers kit in the living room for christmas

harryconway

Platinum Member
Got to breakin' all the house rules this season. Usually, drums are kept "upstairs", in the drum room. This project could not have turned out better, if I planned it. 22, 12, 16 set up here. Simple. I haven't put the 13 together yet. Still need some lugs to complete the project. Gruntersdad minimalist Renown pics inspired me to post the Rogers.

Attachments

• 139-3980_IMG.JPG
    139-3980_IMG.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 565
Looks good Brother. Those two crashes look like they are 6 feet tall though. Good job.

Looks good. I'd like to see more specs and photos. Is that a new or an old Rogers set?

I think your crash cymbals are too low. Put them up another couple of feet.
That's definitely an older Rogers kit, just look at the legs, looks like from the late seventies to early eighties, and you're right, those cymbals are way too low.

Looks good Brother. Good job.
Thanx.
Those two crashes look like they are 6 feet tall though.
Actually, 44 1/2" off the floor. I'm trying to channel some of Tony Williams spirit. Figure, I'll never be able to play like the cat, maybe at least "grab a little of his energy".
Looks good. I'd like to see more specs and photos. Is that a new or an old Rogers set?
Memriloc hardware, springless lugs and XP-8 shells, dates the kit late 70's, early 80's. Traditional sizes. My Paiste Red ColorSound 5 14" hats/20" ride combo. Soultone Extreme and Masterworks Legend crashes, both 16". All Yamaha hardware.

I think your crash cymbals are too low. Put them up another couple of feet.
I don't think the Yamaha stands will go much higher.
That's definitely an older Rogers kit, just look at the legs, looks like from the late seventies to early eighties

Excellent call. More photo's of "my so called life" here: http://harryconway.typepad.com/

Attachments

• 139-3981_IMG.JPG
    139-3981_IMG.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Thanks. My nephew was noodlin' on 'em a bit, christmas eve. First chance I've had to hear them from 25+ feet away. Yes, very good sounding drums. This is how they looked when I got them. They were.....a bit rough.

Attachments

• 139-3919_IMG.JPG
    139-3919_IMG.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 496
Thanks. My nephew was noodlin' on 'em a bit, christmas eve. First chance I've had to hear them from 25+ feet away. Yes, very good sounding drums. This is how they looked when I got them. They were.....a bit rough.

...looks like you rescued them from their eighties past.

Good job.

Barry

Very Nice! You should be very proud of yourself, they turned out magnificant compared to what they were! I reckon we should all clap for you :)

Thanks, both of you. I'm a big fan of the aged "natural wood" look. When the shell takes on that honey amber/darkened patina. And I didn't want to drop big money (which I don't have) into the project. So I attained all my goals here. Got a great sounding kit for cheap. Under $475. It actually looks older than it is, which was the "distressed look" I wanted. 30 year old drums that look 50. That real road house/workin' mans players kit.

Back