My New Drum Kit [w/ Pictures]

Gertz

Before I start, I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum since singing up for an account here has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. After recently selling my electric drum kit, I wanted to buy an acoustic kit to replace it now that I can have an acoustic kit. After a lot of searching and advice from the members of this forum I finally chose the drum kit I wanted. A pdp m5 all - maple series drum kit I picked up for £380 new. Someone told me I should post a picture of my new drums once I made my choice so that's why this thread is here.

I posted previous threads about which drums to buy, which heads to get etc. because despite my 10 years of drumming, I am a newbie when it comes to the mechanical and more technical aspects because I've been playing electric for the past 3 years. Thanks to everyone that helped me choose my kit and my drumheads. Finally got the drums tuned after 2 weeks of messing around and they are sounding great. The heads are remo emperors batter and remo ambassadors reso. No cymbals as of yet because even us 16 year olds were hit by the recession! Those will be coming at Christmas time for me. Once again thanks to everyone who helped me, very much appreciated.

Pictures of my kit:

1fz0ps.jpg

2ljlwy8.jpg

27yao87.jpg

Last edited:
The all maple PDP's are very good drums. Looks like you got yourself a nice set at a good price. Those will last you for years. Ask for your Christmas present early so you can start enjoying them.

You've made a wise choice and gotten a drum set that will take you through all of your eventual skill levels. Get a good Hi-Hat next, and choose wisely again, it is a very important part of your sound. Good luck, your journey has begun.

The all maple PDP's are very good drums. Looks like you got yourself a nice set at a good price. Those will last you for years. Ask for your Christmas present early so you can start enjoying them.

Thanks dude, I agree! My Birthday is actually on December 3rd and I'll get some money so depending on how much money I have earned by that time from my job, I could be playing as early as then!

Congrats! I've been playing on an electric setup for years and I'm dying to get back on an acoustic set. I've played around On a few kits and found that I have a lot to re learn in terms of technique.
How does the move from electric to acoustic feel for you?

Nice kit, congratulations!

Whoa! Very nice. I remember looking at that kit in the store years ago and droolingnover that finish. You got yourself a really good kit. That will last you for years and like someone else said, your many skill levels. The emps look good on them. 10,12,14, 22 right?

Nice looking kit. I bet it sounds good too. You should be able to enjoy those for yrs to come.

Whoa! Very nice. I remember looking at that kit in the store years ago and droolingnover that finish. You got yourself a really good kit. That will last you for years and like someone else said, your many skill levels. The emps look good on them. 10,12,14, 22 right?

Yes, the toms are fusion size, correct. The bass drum is actually 20 x 18 just because I like to keep my toms low cuz I'm a short little 5"9 guy but it still sounds as boomy and punchy as ever! Glad you like the finish as much as I do.

Congrats! I've been playing on an electric setup for years and I'm dying to get back on an acoustic set. I've played around On a few kits and found that I have a lot to re learn in terms of technique.
How does the move from electric to acoustic feel for you?

It's felt a bit weird. I think part of the reason I spent 2 weeks tuning and tweaking my drums was because I am used to an EQ'd, processed sound that came out of my electronic kit. The feel of the kit is also a lot different but it is better in my opinion. Just having the proper tom sizes is great too rather than all my toms being 10" large.

Very nice choice in kits.
You will have versatility and great sound with those drums.

Back