My vintage Gretsch be-bop kit

JerryOnDrums

Here she is, my pride and joy:

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

I'm still amazed every time I play 'em.

That is one beautiful kit you got there. I really love Special Dry rides for Zildjian and plan to get one of those. Isn´t that a 16" bass drum or is it 18"? Looks 16" to me.

Awesome kit!

I love that kit. I wish mine was a natural finish kit.

Very nice and I like the K Con too.

That is a very nice set up you have there. I'm diggin the Constantinople! Can you give us some specs on the cymbals?? Or even the whole set up?

I would be proud too if I were you. And joyous for that matter!!! Amazing stuff. Just looking at pictures like these I can hear that wonderful woody tone.

Thanks!!

Yeah, the kit is a '76. Bought brand-new by my father in Denton, TX, and passed down to me. :)

Here are the particulars:

Standard bebop sizing; 18X14" BD, 12X8" tom, 14X14" floor tom. The snare pictured is a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute, but now I'm playing a Vinnie Colaiuta signature Gretsch 14X5" maple snare.

The Cymbals: 20" Constantinople Medium Thin Low, 21" K Custom Special Dry, and a set of 20-year-old K/Z 13" hi-hats.

Here is my personal myspace with a few tunes recorded on this kit:

www.myspace.com/jerrymazzuca

The best recording is probably the second tune, "7.5". Monster alto player on that one. :) The first two tracks are on this kit, by the way.

Thanks!!

Yeah, the kit is a '76. Bought brand-new by my father in Denton, TX, and passed down to me. :)

Here are the particulars:

Standard bebop sizing; 18X14" BD, 12X8" tom, 14X14" floor tom. The snare pictured is a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute, but now I'm playing a Vinnie Colaiuta signature Gretsch 14X5" maple snare.

The Cymbals: 20" Constantinople Medium Thin Low, 21" K Custom Special Dry, and a set of 20-year-old K/Z 13" hi-hats.

Here is my personal myspace with a few tunes recorded on this kit:

www.myspace.com/jerrymazzuca

The best recording is probably the second tune, "7.5". Monster alto player on that one. :) The first two tracks are on this kit, by the way.

Great recordings and some excellent playing! I can definitely hear a Bill Stewart influence!

I absolutely love this kit! perfect for me. I love your playing as well mate, really cool stuff - I would pay!

Back