My Snare Collection..:)

scorch whammin

Gold Member
Here is the latest photos of my ever expanding snare drum collection...enjoy!..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

My latest snare, a joyful noise soared copper!

Last edited:
Wow there are some nice drums there. Did I spot a Yamaha steel snare in there? I've got one that looks similar. It''s a 1988 model. I had a few vintage snares, and sold them to buy cymbals. I use the cymbals more than I used the snares. Nice collection you've got going.

Thanks lefty2!.... Yes, there's a vintage steel parallel action snare from the 79-81 time period...actually purchased it new about 1.5 yrs ago...leftover stock from a store liquidation...

Nice sonic variety! How are you enjoying the Longo drum? I played a couple, cherry and a walnut. I was pretty impressed.

Nice sonic variety! How are you enjoying the Longo drum? I played a couple, cherry and a walnut. I was pretty impressed.

Yeah, the Longo and Joyful Noise both caught my eye. Very nice snare arsenal!

Yeah, the Longo and Joyful Noise both caught my eye. Very nice snare arsenal!

Thanks!! Yea, both of those snares are probably my favs....although I really like all of them...lol...the JN is a soared copper and may be the best snare I've ever owned..just a beautiful to look at and amazing sounding snare..very musical....the Longo is a beast..I worked with Matt Longo on the design ...i.e., I wanted a 6.5X14, special snare bed, single flanged hoops & black chromed tube lugs that were longer than what they normally install on 6.5's...they were more than accommodating...great snare and customer service...

Last edited:
Very nice stuff. A bit too rich for my blood though.
I've got eight snares.
Put 'em all together and they probably cost less than one of yours - ha ha.

Is ' soared copper ' a generally used defining term?
Or is it something specific he came up with for his drums.

A nice collection for sure :) (although I do question your stacking prowess ;)

& black chromed tube lugs that were longer than what they normally install on 6.5's
Those tube lugs look to be standard stock length to me, and absolutely right for that depth of drum. Any shorter, & there'd be too much tension rod showing for my tastes, so a good call on your part :)

Great collection. Love the soared copper. I have one though the patina is a very different color.
Thanks!...the soared coppers are great snares and def. have an individual look to each of them...
Very nice stuff. A bit too rich for my blood though.
I've got eight snares.
Put 'em all together and they probably cost less than one of yours - ha ha.

Is ' soared copper ' a generally used defining term?
Or is it something specific he came up with for his drums.
Thanks wildbill!... As far as I know "soared copper" is a term exclusive to JN...they have a few other titles for other copper and brass snares that they sell....

A nice collection for sure :) (although I do question your stacking prowess ;)

Those tube lugs look to be standard stock length to me, and absolutely right for that depth of drum. Any shorter, & there'd be too much tension rod showing for my tastes, so a good call on your part :)

LOL... Yes my stacking prowess left a lot to be desired in the photos...regarding the tube lug length, Longo generally uses the next shorter length down, which I didn't care for, hence my request for the correct length...;)

Last edited:
Nice collection, I wish I even owned half as many as you do!

A very nice snare collection thanks for sharing,but we all know it's a sonic armament ready to take on any task at hand.

May I ask what drumheads do you use for the copper snare,I just snag a Tama SC copper snare and I'm curious what works well,again thank you

Back