Sheila E.

tubs are us

Can somebody hep me? I was reading Sheila E's page and in her bio it was mentioned that she is the daughter of Pete "Coke" Escovido. Now I'm pretty sure Coke was her uncle and he
over dosed way back in the 80's but I can't remember for sure. I know Pete is still alive. ???
Thanks,
Scott

Can I ask you that how do you know that Coke was her uncle????
And if you read it anywhere then do share the link as well...!!

Didn't want to read the info in the previous post? I know it's only Wiki, but a quick scour there would have revealed this too: http://www.billboard.com/artist/pete-escovedo/bio/6533#/artist/pete-escovedo/bio/6533

From the link: "He and his younger brother, the late Coke Escovedo, both developed quickly as percussionists and became greatly in demand for gigs in Northern California."

Re: Ringo Starr and Sheila E

I think she was with him for a couple of tours. Watch her and Edgar Winter do Frankenstein togther...it's pretty awesome too :)

The energy she still has is insane, to be able to play that hard for that long is a test of endurance that even the Death Metal guys can appreciate.

She's amazing, for sure.

Saw her play a corporate gig about seven years ago. Amazing energy, but she only played drumset for about 30 seconds and congas for a couple of minutes. Is that typical?

Saw her play a corporate gig about seven years ago. Amazing energy, but she only played drumset for about 30 seconds and congas for a couple of minutes. Is that typical?
She is a percussionist first and a drummer second. She played drums full time for Prince, but for most other things she plays percussion more often. I guess it depends on what gig she is playing at the time.

Back