Origin Classic - Drummer magazine review

Andy

Honorary Member
Larry, Grea, this is the one you've been waiting for :)

Sorry for the slight "review bombardment", but they're all coming at once!

There's more pictures in the full review, plus they're much better quality. I can only reproduce to a certain definition & remain within the site's upload limits.

Attachments

• review page1.jpg
    review page1.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 486
  • review page2.jpg
    review page2.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 465
  • review page3.jpg
    review page3.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 472
  • review page4.jpg
    review page4.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 474
Awesome stuff, mate! So excited for you! One day...one day you will build mine. Until then, keep at it with all the best wishes behind you!

The whisper is becoming a roar Andy. Wheels are certainly in motion now. Great to have this so quickly on top of the Dolbear review too. Noticed any increase in enquires or potential orders as a result? It will be interesting to ask this same question in a months time too I reckon.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get those drums is have sex with them lol

lolololololol

Ho hum another spectacular review. I expected nothing less and congratulations. I know there's going to be a point where you guys will have more business than capability to deliver. A good problem, but something worth considering.

Again Congratulations to the Guru family, it's beyond well deserved.

The first thing I do when I get those drums is have sex with them lol

lolololololol
I'll have Dean apply an extra coat of wax oil ;)

Goaaaaaal! Awesome review.
Thank you!

The whisper is becoming a roar Andy. Wheels are certainly in motion now. Great to have this so quickly on top of the Dolbear review too. Noticed any increase in enquires or potential orders as a result? It will be interesting to ask this same question in a months time too I reckon.
No increase in sales. Just as well really, we're stacked for the next 10 weeks, then nothing - yet. It's going to take a very long time Jules :(

Yep, Guru is growing some legs! Congrats, guys.
Word's spreading, that's for sure, but it's a long long road. Hey, do me a favour, we're in the "New & notable" section of Modern Drummer soon. Keep a look out for me please :)

Awesome stuff, mate! So excited for you! One day...one day you will build mine. Until then, keep at it with all the best wishes behind you!
When the time comes, it will be our pleasure :)

great review andy!! you must have been sweating that out

Congratulations, Andy. I never had a doubt. You guys put so much love and passion into these magnificent instruments that it's just a matter of word spreading now. And these types of reviews can go a long way towards that.

Andy,

That shot they took of the inside of the shell (the 12" tom?) showing no screws inside is worth 1000 words. That is the shot you need to feature more often. I've seen dozens of pictures of your drums, but never realized what the inside of the shell is like. That speaks volumes!!

Great review!

Andy,

That shot they took of the inside of the shell (the 12" tom?) showing no screws inside is worth 1000 words. That is the shot you need to feature more often. I've seen dozens of pictures of your drums, but never realized what the inside of the shell is like. That speaks volumes!!

Great review!
Thanks Ian, & very much taken on board. We're often so close to the the drums, so familiar, that we don't see the wood for the trees (excuse the pun). Really, thank you for pointing that out. I've expanded a shot from the review below (pity I don't have the originals).

It's the purity of the design that makes you believe ...

Nice one Andy
Davo
Thanks Dave, & a nice observation. Actually, it's the purity of design that's mostly responsible for their sound.

Nice one!

Congratulations on the review, it's well deserved!
Thank you :)

Congratulations, Andy. I never had a doubt. You guys put so much love and passion into these magnificent instruments that it's just a matter of word spreading now. And these types of reviews can go a long way towards that.
yes, getting the word out is an expensive & long journey. Given we have an almost zero marketing budget, we're reliant on word of mouth & reviews like this.

Congrats on the great review.................must feel great to have your work validated.
Yes, validation is a big deal. God knows how many times we've doubted ourselves through this development. I think a bit of insecurity is good though. It makes you question everything!

Attachments

• open shell.jpg
    open shell.jpg
    769.1 KB · Views: 369
Thanks Ian, & very much taken on board. We're often so close to the the drums, so familiar, that we don't see the wood for the trees (excuse the pun). Really, thank you for pointing that out. I've expanded a shot from the review below (pity I don't have the originals).

If I were still working in a drum shop, and we carried Guru, that would be one of the features I would point out to anyone walking looking for a high end kit.

By the way, I thought you were going Aquarian, but all I see is Evans heads.

I think you need a endorsement by actor/drummer John Stamos. Until then... :)

Congrats again!

Nice.Sounds like you guys just scored the winning goal in overtime at the World cup,and have to at least that excited..I'm having one in your honor mate.You've earned this many times over.

Good things DO happen to good people.Hip Hip,Huzza.:)

Steve B

Back