Tom angles!!!!

The highest one is 18 inches above the rim of his snare, and completely flat/level. If you watch the Live in Sao Paolo vvideo, everytime he does a fill he appears about as uncomfortable as you can get. He did this because it is more "percussive" like traditional brazilian set-ups. Sadly it seems very uncomfortable, I've never seen a metal drummer with such radical tom levels, but you have a point about high tom placement among metal drummers, usually not 18 inches :)
Thanks for your reply! I see... 18 inches, that's... crazy. I thought there might be some perspective effects on the picture, but the snare reflection on the tom says it all... Basically unplayable. Haha.

Thanks for your reply! I see... 18 inches, that's... crazy. I thought there might be some perspective effects on the picture, but the snare reflection on the tom says it all... Basically unplayable. Haha.

Hahaha unfortunately no, its ridiculous. I want to try this kit though, just for the hell of it.

not so much tom angles but a closet for towels! Man look at the snare head! And yes the tom angles are a little ridiculous :)

5532mb8_20.jpeg

excuse my ignorance but do people really try to play this way?
5470e4m_20.jpeg

7654c6f_20.jpeg

Found today in the Seattle listings, because I got tired of tuning my toms:

P9oEx.jpg

"$450 or trade for quality firearms" which I hope the seller handles better than he does his drums.

0FUFe.jpg

"Worth $600" but he's listing them for only $200. The seller says this kit's a Premier, but I guess he never thought of taking pix we could actually, you know, see.

o7h9K.jpg

"$300," for this used Enforcer, complete with "symbols" and "floor pedal (pieces missing...)."

Back to work--

Hysterical! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard....tears in my eyes...spent
2 hours here and didn't see all the photos on this thread yet...to be continued!

This is what you do when you run out of room because of the toms being in the way. Put the cymbal stand in the bass drum.

Attachments

• 5V05Q15S13n03o03lbbcc5b5fa940da65164e.jpg
    5V05Q15S13n03o03lbbcc5b5fa940da65164e.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,427
This is what you do when you run out of room because of the toms being in the way. Put the cymbal stand in the bass drum.
Jeopardy question of the day.
Q; A cymbal stand that allows a cymbal to be suspended over or around an obstacle.
A; What is a Boom Arm Stand?

Couldn't help but post this gem! At least he could spell cymbal.

A perfect set for the serious drummer or beginning enthusiast!

5 piece Ludwig drum set with seat, snare, hi-hat, cymbals and bells!

Black with a tiger stripe or tortoise shell?

Belonged to a family member who loved them, you will too!

Just in time for the holidays

5O65W65S23kf3o53lcbc6f4eb663ba16611b5.jpg

5Y45T65P13n83pe3l9bc6ad3ebc3c7aa41dbb.jpg

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Last edited:
Couldn't help but post this gem! At least he could spell cymbal.

A perfect set for the serious drummer or beginning enthusiast!

5 piece Ludwig drum set with seat, snare, hi-hat, cymbals and bells!

Black with a tiger stripe or tortoise shell?

Belonged to a family member who loved them, you will too!

Just in time for the holidays

That is an amazing set-up. I am SO tempted to duplicate it--

But then what would I do?

My Christmas gift to the people of DW!
The horrendous angles, the too-high crash cymbal, the uʍop ǝpısdn floor tom!

Attachments

• badrockwoodangles.jpg
    badrockwoodangles.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,372
Statistics show that 3 out of 10 drummers are afflicted with "Steep Tom Angle Syndrom" or "STAS"
Together we can find a cure.
Please send your contributions to the DRUMMERWORLD STAS Foundation so that we can someday cure this horrible disease that disfigures countless numbers of drum kits each year.

Thank You

not so much tom angles but a closet for towels! Man look at the snare head! And yes the tom angles are a little ridiculous :)

5532mb8_20.jpeg

excuse my ignorance but do people really try to play this way?
5470e4m_20.jpeg

7654c6f_20.jpeg

Yes, Tyger, unfortunately some people do play this way !!

Re: tom angles!!!!

The truth is that one of the founders of Craigslist was at a show years ago and a cymbal flew off a stand and left a deep, disfiguring gash in his face. He is now filled with hatred for cymbals and drum sets in general, so he designed software that rejects any ad with the word "cymbal," "bass," "pedal," "stand," the name of any known manufacturer, and so on. Photo recognition software rejects any toms that are angled fewer than 45 degrees or less than 8 inches apart, or the absence of duct tape and deeply dented heads.

And now you know why all the ads read, "Vintige Tamaha drum set with Pasted and Silogian symbols, shiny things you put the cimbals on, petal thingy you step on to make the big drum go boom, top hats, thrown to sit on, long pieces of wood to hit the drums included, original custem factory heads, $5,000 obo."

I am SO inspired to come out with a Craigslist brand of drums. Wraps would include Duct Tape Crackle, Dust Matte Fade, Sandpapered, Random Bash Pattern, Sticky Spill and Vomit.

Pork Pie might sue you due to their color "Clown Puke" - LOL.

There is a little tiny bit of Meg White inside of all of us that is just dying to get out. ;)
Sometimes when no one is around I set up a kit in a crazy fashion and I knock myself out.

If Buddy Rich were still alive, I wonder what comments he would have regarding Meg White? Gotta admit, it would probably be funny.

Back