GMS in Green

fess

Bought these in 1996, the color grows on you.....really.

Attachments

• GMS Drums.JPG
    GMS Drums.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 1,034
I must admit, the color is a little off-putting at first...I'd call it "seasick green", LOL. But what really matters is the sound, and I'm sure that after 10+ years of aging, those tubs sound great!
Random Trivia: Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch has used the same set of GMS's for over 10 years, and he claims that they sound better with age; I'll bet they do!

Well i'd imagine it did because if it didn't after 10 years (10 months actually) i'd have been forced to wrap it in some kind of camouflage fabric...

It's a pretty nice little kit really, specs perchance?

I must admit, the color is a little off-putting at first...I'd call it "seasick green", LOL. But what really matters is the sound, and I'm sure that after 10+ years of aging, those tubs sound great!
Random Trivia: Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch has used the same set of GMS's for over 10 years, and he claims that they sound better with age; I'll bet they do!

"TUBS"
f#&k that is funny.. made me laugh

i know nothing about this kit
looks pretty nice (aside from the color)
i ges it would grow on you.. i painted my walls green (big mistake) but its grown on my.
(sept mine are a more limey grassy green not a "seasick" green)

*hi-5*

Nice! They look like the kind of drums that don't have any physical appeal at all, but play very well. In fact, they look very "serious business," like, they sound very good but just don't show it. Like a poker face.

They do look better in person, although I still sometimes get the urge to have them refinished. They sound great, extremely powerful. I bought them new, the story being that GMS had painted that color for a drum show.
They sounded great, the price was great, I could live with the color. I've heard the color discribed as seafoam or pistaccio, as well as a number of references to regurgitation.

perhaps "key lime".

I'll bet they sound amazing. GMS does some nice work.

Nice! They look like the kind of drums that don't have any physical appeal at all, but play very well. In fact, they look very "serious business," like, they sound very good but just don't show it. Like a poker face.

All I can picture is lady gaga right now.... Get that out of my head. hahaha

Nice kit. I love those lugs. They're like super freaking long tube lugs XD

The color isn't bad. I think seafoam would be what the color is called. We had a period in the 90's where this was a popular window frame color. Seafoam green.

GMS drums are top quality, so there is no doubt that these sound fantastic. When I bought my DW's in 1994 I was very torn between them and GMS. I went with DW's, but still have a soft spot for the GMS drums.

The fact they have aged for 10 years definitely mellows out the sound. My DW's just get better sounding the older they get. I would think that these would too.

If I'm not terribly wrong, these are Keller shells like my DW's. Don't know for sure though.

Great Kit!!

Beauty! I love GMS hardware...all machined brass. I like the color a lot...wouldn't change a thing.

Back