Guess who I saw play last night!

xopethx

The one and only Keith Carlock! I actually flew up from Ocala, Florida to New York City yesterday specifically for the Wayne Krantz, Carlock, and Tal Wilkenfeld show at 55 Bar.

I'd honestly say it was the most absorbing, awe-inspiring set of tunes i'd ever seen performed. Carlock's playing was just DELICIOUS....so many unexpected twists and turns in the middle of the thickest grooves i'd ever heard.
The sound in general was great, i actually brought along my Edirol R-09HR recorder, but i had the input volume set to 0 the entire set :-( basically, i recorded an hour of silence. No matter, i'm going to remember that show for the rest of my life.

I was right in the front, literally 2 feet from Wayne Krantz....i could have messed with his pedals if i'd moved my feet just a bit.

Sorry also, for anyone who was there and got turned away! The line to get inside was RIDICULOUS. I had no idea the place was so tiny, as well.

Also, i'm up here in NYC until Sunday...any suggestions on cool drum-related places to check out?

Ooh!

I've got tickets for when they hit Australia at the end of October. Can't wait.

Through skillful negotiation I convinced my whole band to come, so it's going to be a great night out.

Then the night after is the start of a Jazz Festival (Wangarratta) and we're going to see Scofield play. Booked out weekend that one is.

It's good to hear it was a good gig.

Back