Fastest Double Bass Player?

JT1 said:
Fact would have it that Tim Waterson is the fastest double bass player but i aint really heard him play in songs. Theres a guy on myspace who does the fastest ive ever heard its actually pretty unreal. If you go on myspace music and type in stench as the band name he comes up. (the logo is black with the word stench written in white) It is pretty much blast beats all the way but theres a bit in the middle of his first song where you can only hear the bass drum cause he cuts out all of the snare and its unbelievable. The best thing about him also is that he plays all the instruments himself so everything you hear is just him.
I agee! Also stay tuned to WFD in Austin. It's rumored that Tim 'the missile' Yeung has been working out and may go for the record. Tim Waterson is the current record holder, but word is 'the missile' really wants this one. If you saw the 'wired' magazine artcle at
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.05/posts.html?pg=2

Isn't Texas still considered 'The WEST'?

Shaping up like a shoot out in the west!

TD

DisrealiGears said:
Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater has the fastet feet i've heard, but the videos on Drummerworld.com dont give him justice. I've been to see Dream Theater live and his feet fly.

i agree with you, many people say hes not that good, i think he is one of the best there is listen his drumming in Train of Thought

I know people have different opinions, jordison,portnoy,yeung,sandoval etc..., however i think the thread has a definative answer, as far as WFD goes its Tim Waterson, their are various threads and links to show this and its very common knowledge.

Musically (as in whats been recorded on a cd as music that can be bought in your local shop), it is George Kollias of Nile, i'm almost certain this is a fact at the moment, (even Tim Waterson earlier on in this thread has said so and he should know :) )so before anyone comments that any of the above drummers or any other drummer has recorded anything faster than this please pick up a copy of Annhilation Of The Wicked first and take a listen, also take a look at the "feet video" at GeorgeKollias.com , and see the "swivel technique" at its best (again i point to Tim who has said on a video describing this technique that George has pushed this further than anyone at this time)

The fact that your looking at this thread would suggest you have an interest in this double bass subject, i urge you to check it out, it looks so fast (especially at the end) its hard to comprehend and must have taken years to perfect.

Tim Waterson may be the fastest, but i saw a video of him on youtube and it was uneven as hell.
In my opinion, George Kollias is the fastest. Not that my opinion, or anyone's matters.
go on georgekollias.com to see him in action.

I HAVE HEARD A HEAP OF FAST METAL DRUMMERS BUT HE FASTEST IVE HEARD WOULD BE JOHN LONGSTRETH FROM ORIGIN BY FAR,INCLUDED BY ONE HANDED ROLLS!!! THIS GUY KILLS!

Re: Double Bass

Doom said:
Tim Waterson has got to get a mention.

Uh yeah, he's in Guinness as the fastest feet in the world. Tim Waterson, hands down.

He did over 1200 hits in 1 minute. That's more than 20 hits per second. Crazy.

i would say that some of travis smith's drumming on triviums 2nd album ascendancy is pretty fast - i dont know if hes the fastest but he is definately one of the fastest

My answer would be this, "who cares ?"

JT1 said:
Fact would have it that Tim Waterson is the fastest double bass player but i aint really heard him play in songs. Theres a guy on myspace who does the fastest ive ever heard its actually pretty unreal. If you go on myspace music and type in stench as the band name he comes up. (the logo is black with the word stench written in white) It is pretty much blast beats all the way but theres a bit in the middle of his first song where you can only hear the bass drum cause he cuts out all of the snare and its unbelievable. The best thing about him also is that he plays all the instruments himself so everything you hear is just him.
that stench guy isnt drumming in his records, its programed

Thoms Lang has the most controlled feet and there fast, mike mangini is crazy fast 2!

I would probably say reno killerich of panzerchrist or george kollias of nile...i like reno better though cause he goes fast for like all of each song...and there songs are lik 3 or 4 minutes try goin over 240bpm for 4 minutes straight...

Some kid who has been influenced by todays drummers will smoke every pro drummer that ever existed, when his day comes. One of the things I have learned in my year of drumming is that drummers are great today because of the efforts of yesterdays drummers. The drummes of tomorrow will be great because of the drummers of today. A collective wisdom.

Back