Greetings from the border!

Abel Soto

Hello everyone! My name is Abel. I'm from Mexico and live real close to Arizona. I started reading this forum for information a long time ago so I decided to join the community since it has been really helpful in the past.

I'm 27 years old, have been playing since I was 16 and currently play on a prog rock band called "Reminiscencia". I just recently finished recording drums for our first studio release.

I'm really glad to have finally joined!

This is what I play:

Sonor Force 3007 - Maple

Snare: 14"
Bass: 22"
Tom: 8"
Tom: 10"
Tom: 12"
Floor Tom: 18"

Cymbals: Zildjian / Sabian

14" A Custom Hi-Hats
14" A Custom Fast Crash
16" A Custom Crash
17" K Custom Hybrid Crash
20" A Custom Ride
8" A Custom Splash
10" A Custom Splash
12" Oriental China Trash
10" Stack (10" HH China Kang + 10" Xs20 Splash)

Pedal: Tama Iron Cobra

Hardware: Sonor / Pearl / Gibraltar

Hi Abel, it's always good when a long-time lurker finally takes the plunge! Welcome :)

Welcome Abel. I also love prog rock, also love Sonor...my gigging kit is the predecessor to your Force 3007's, the Force 3005. I travelled to D.F. a few years ago, and had a really great experience there! Totally different experience than going to the more touristy places (I've been to Puerto Vallarta several times)! I've always liked Mexico.

I've found that Mexicans appreciate prog rock a lot more openly than Canada/USA, where it's still considered a dirty word in the music industry. I'd love the opportunity to play in an original prog rock band! You're a lucky guy. :)

Welcome Abel. I also love prog rock, also love Sonor...my gigging kit is the predecessor to your Force 3007's, the Force 3005. I travelled to D.F. a few years ago, and had a really great experience there! Totally different experience than going to the more touristy places (I've been to Puerto Vallarta several times)! I've always liked Mexico.

I've found that Mexicans appreciate prog rock a lot more openly than Canada/USA, where it's still considered a dirty word in the music industry. I'd love the opportunity to play in an original prog rock band! You're a lucky guy. :)

Thanks for your welcome!

It is great that you liked Mexico! Give me a call if you ever come here again haha. I'll make sure to send you a link to hear our album when it is done (early January probably) So you can listen to our music. I believe it is worth listening to =).

Just checked out your kit, on the "Show off your Sonor" thread. Nice. Welcome to Drummerworld.​

Back