Ludwig Centennial line

Drumlove65

Does anyone know why the smaller shell sized kits i.e., both the moto and dragster kits are priced higher than the zep kit which is the larger shelled kit?

Re: Ludwig Centennial line erratum

I found the smallest of the three-the dragster kit-priced less than moto-but the moto is still the priciest of the three and the zep kit has a 26 inch kick. The moto a 24 and the dragster a 22.

I'm seeing the Dragster as the cheapest, and rightfully so with much smaller shells: 12-14-16-22

My only guess as to why the Moto is priced higher is maybe because the sizes are more versatile and friendlier to a wider range of drummers: 13-16-18-24 vs 14-16-18-26

Here is something amusing.

I just went to the Ludwig website. It says the Centennial line is not available in the U.S.
AND it says the shells are made of North American Maple !!!!!

Hey wait a minute!

I just went to the Ludwig website. It says the Centennial line is not available in the U.S.

Hey wait a minute!

They have an exclusive deal with Musician's Friend and Guitar Center. They are not available brand new any other way in the US.

Price wise, it's gotta' be the old demand thing. I think more people use a 24 than a 26.

Which one are you considering?

I have given up on the centennial beccause I have seen, heard and am absolutely enamored with the new Porkpie Hipgig kit. Four is all you need.

Hey wait a minute!

Completely bizarre isn't it.

To stop them buying them over the CM's which are twice the price.

I am contemplating a Ludwig centennial dragster kit. I have been told that they are still in production and only sold through musicians friend in guitar center even though they are discontinued. Does anyone know if this is true regarding production. If so can I get add on toms (8-10)?
A few phone calls to musicians friend and guitar center has gotten me nowhere!
Please help a fellow drummer. Thanks!

I talked to musicians friend Monday 4/3/17. I was told I had to order the dragster kit in order to create a special order for the add on toms to find out if they could be made. WHAT?
I called guitar center on Wednesday and they would match the 899 price tag.
I was told I did not have to order the kit and they would put in a special order to find out this info with no obligation. I was told 3 to 5 days to get info from Ludwig.
I also have a friend who has a friend that is a Ludwig Rep. He gave him my contact info and interests in this kit and add on toms. That was five days ago.
Nothing.....
Why is this so hard?
Today the price went back up $100! GEEZ!

Hey wait a minute!

These drums are built using maple veneers from the US, but built 100% in Taiwan. Not the same as Ludwig USA shells.

These drums are built using maple veneers from the US, but built 100% in Taiwan. Not the same as Ludwig USA shells.

You beat me to it. 100% North American Maple refers to the species of wood, not where they're built.

Back