20th Anniversary Recording Customs

jugalo

I bought the shell kit after Steve Gadd played them at his Dallas clinic back in 96 I think.
Tried for years to find another matching kick but finally had to settle for a blue one. i still am seeking matching pieces though, what I would give for an 8" tom!
Snare is a Tama Bill Bruford Signature.
It is a work in progress but I love them as they are...enjoy.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

I'm not a fan of purple but that finish is amazing. Even with the mismatched kick.

It was blessed by Gadd. Interesting cymbal choices if I may say. Every time I see a beautiful recording custom or oak custom kit, especially double bass with iron cobra pedals its a drum set I could dream about.

I really love your setup,the color is amazing. I just don't understand you've got a blue kick with it. It doesn't look good at all I think, like you've reduced a great kit to some Frankenstein thing.

yeah that finish is stunning! i don't mind the blue kick, but i can see where your coming from.
If yamaha still sold the RCs with that finish today...oh man id so buy one! (they still make RCs right?)

I really love your setup,the color is amazing. I just don't understand you've got a blue kick with it. It doesn't look good at all I think, like you've reduced a great kit to some Frankenstein thing.

It's not that bad! It's not as if one is a green sparkle or anything, they're the same type of finish and shade just a slightly different hue.

I really love the kit, very interesting choice of cymbals, i can definetly see what you're going for having the Z custom as a crash ride and using lighter cymbals with faster decay for crashes. That's pretty amazing that the drums were played by Steve Gadd!

Awesome colour! Pity about the 2nd kick but I think it still looks great, even more unique.

Nice set of cymbals too

i still am seeking matching pieces though, what I would give for an 8" tom!

It is a work in progress but I love them as they are...enjoy.
Yamaha will color match any finish, discontinued or currently still being used, TT-908Y, would be the 8" rack tom #. Beautiful kit. I had a set of RC's in the tobacco sunburst.

Yamaha will color match any finish, discontinued or currently still being used, TT-908Y, would be the 8" rack tom #. Beautiful kit. I had a set of RC's in the tobacco sunburst.

I recently spoke with Yamaha drums about making me some matching shells, they were unwilling to do so. Apparantly there is a wrap maker on Ghostnote.com who i have been told to contact. They say he can match the finish exactly. From what I have read they made 500 sets of these in 4 and 5 piece configurations and some with legged floor toms. I believe the purple to be the rarest. I have seen red, blue, and tobacco burst.

Also the ride is indeed a 22' HH rock ride same as Portnoys not that he is my hero I just like the way that ride sounds miced.

The other cymbals are:
Zildjian 16 med crash
Zildjian 17 med crash
Zildjian 18 A custom crash
Zildjian 18 Z custom rock crash
Zildjian 12 Acustom splash
Zildjian 8 A custom splash
Zildjian 8 avedis splash
Zildjian 18 china boy high
Zildjian 14 A custom Mastersound hi-hats
Sabian 13 cant remember? hi-hats
Sabian 22 HH Rock ride

That kit looks great just the way it is,.. the blue kick add's character. Although, i'm partially colorblind, haha. Great kit

That is one beautiful kit. I have a brand new RC in Cherry Wood. It sounds huge! Where do you get the plate for covering up the tom mount hole in the bass drum? I could make some at work but they wouldn't have the Yamaha logo

I agree the kit looks mighty FINE....that blue bassdrum in no way distracts from the beauty of the kit or your setup. I say do not touch it. Cheers.

Back