New DW

deadbirdsoup

Got myself a DW today, just the right sizes I was looking for except a 14 x 14" floor tom which I will be purchasing at some point soon to give me a nice two up two down set up. Also pictured is a new PDP secondary snare drum (with not very matching colours).

New Kit

DW Ebony Satin Oil

Toms - 10 x 8, 12 x 10, 16x16
Kick - 22 x 18
PDP Secondary Snare - 10 x 6
Current Snare - Ludwig Black Beauty - 14 x 5

Current Cymbals

10" Wuhan S Series Splash (Not Pictured)
11" Ufip Class Series Splash
14" K Hats
16" K Thin Dark Crash
16" K Custom Dark Crash
17" A Custom Projection Crash
16" Wuhan China
20" K Heavy Ride

Hardware

Iron Cobra Double Bass Pedal
Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand
Other Stands - Big Dog, Pearl, Premier, Yamaha
Roc N Soc Throne
Sticks - Vater 5A/5B mostly
Protection Racket Cases

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

CopyofDSC00549.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

...very nice kit.

you can almost smell that new drum smell all the way out here.

I hope that you get many years of gigs, stories, and rehab out of them.

Barry

Nice kit! I do have one question (although it's not about the DWs): How is that PDP side snare? Any comments on it?

Thanks for all the compliments guys, just can't wait for the extra tom now. Question on selling my old kit, how much would you guys (if you were looking for it) pay for a 5-6 year old Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage that has been thoroughly practiced and gigged with?

Nice kit! I do have one question (although it's not about the DWs): How is that PDP side snare? Any comments on it?

Thanks man. Just as you would expect with that size of snare, an almighty SNAP and CRACK! It was actually a snare I got half free for working helping out a shop for a day, thought I'd take it home and test it out, still havn't used it live though. Great for trying out JoJo Mayer inspired drum and bass grooves!

That, my north of the border friend, is a great kit. I love the way it just looks so classy and understated, very clean. Do try to get the 14" soon, it'll look b*tchin'! I'm quite interested in the wuhan china, I didn't think they sold them in the UK. I for one never heard of them before i came on here.

I had the same snare only black on black and I really liked it. Would buy another ina heartbeat.

btw, I'm selling my 5.5X10 ddrum side snare, the one you had. If you want it, p/m or e-mail me. $30 as is, or $50 if you want me to refinish it for you.

That, my north of the border friend, is a great kit. I love the way it just looks so classy and understated, very clean. Do try to get the 14" soon, it'll look b*tchin'! I'm quite interested in the wuhan china, I didn't think they sold them in the UK. I for one never heard of them before i came on here.

Thanks very much. I know what you mean, I can't wait to get myself the 14", will complete my set up!

The Wuhans seem to be a bit of a hit or miss, from my experience though, they have been excellent. They are all hand crafted in China, therefore every cymbal is different to a certain degree. I'm not sure if there are much shops that sell them off the wall but they should still be available online quite easy. The china is very sharp and trashy and has never let me down, the splash is also very nice but has recently developed a crack around the centre, so looks like it's on it's last legs, but I'm not complaining for the crazy cheap price I bought the pair for (around £30-£40 for both)!

I had the same snare only black on black and I really liked it. Would buy another ina heartbeat.

btw, I'm selling my 5.5X10 ddrum side snare, the one you had. If you want it, p/m or e-mail me. $30 as is, or $50 if you want me to refinish it for you.

I replied before I read this, but I don't know if it went through. I think I'm gonna pass though, I actually think I'm gonna get an 805 snare instead (if I can find one with my kit's color--they're discontinuing them!)

Nice looking kit. I've seen that black satin finish in a store before and it's awesome!

I got a DW in Ebony Satin oil a few months ago, only with gold hardware:

DSC00198.jpg

Beautiful finish, I love the wood grain that shows through the ebony oil. It's hard to get it in a photo though.

Odd though, yours have the older gold badges, while mine came with the new white ones.

Enjoy that kit man, they are beautiful instruments, couldn't be happier with mine.

Let me start by saying that I am not a DW fan.

But there is no denying that you have one absolutely beautiful kit there!!! What a great finish, i really like the satin...and the cymbal line up is stellar!! great setup!

I got a DW in Ebony Satin oil a few months ago, only with gold hardware:

Beautiful finish, I love the wood grain that shows through the ebony oil. It's hard to get it in a photo though.

Odd though, yours have the older gold badges, while mine came with the new white ones.

Enjoy that kit man, they are beautiful instruments, couldn't be happier with mine.

Your right there, that is interesting, I would like to find out the why this is. My first glace at the kit and I knew I would own it, the night before the purchase I couldn't get to sleep thinking about the beautiful finish!

Thanks for the compliments, you're kit looks amazing also, have fun with it.

I definitely love the chrome on that black satin kit, way better than gold or black hardware. Congrats on the kit and good luck with the 14x14 floor.

Thanks, although I like both hardware, I may have to back you up on that one! Thanks, any help on purchasing single toms would be good, although it looks like an order to DW itself will have to be made.

Let me start by saying that I am not a DW fan.

But there is no denying that you have one absolutely beautiful kit there!!! What a great finish, i really like the satin...and the cymbal line up is stellar!! great setup!

Thats alright, each to their own. Thanks for considering otherwise to your preference. The only annoying part to my cymbal set up is the crack I have in my 16" Thin Dark K, quite a pain in the lower region, but my those new TRX's look oh so tasty.

I definitely love the chrome on that black satin kit, way better than gold or black hardware. Congrats on the kit and good luck with the 14x14 floor.

...gold, chrome, black.

They're all enough to put a tilt in your kilt.

Once agin DBS, very nice.

Barry

As I promised a while ago, here is the full set up with my new 14 x 14", although bought in December, it took a while getting round to posting on here! Hope you like the look of it as much as I do!

Also, if you want a preview of what it can sound like, visit www.myspace.com/skipdividedtheband for some recordings I did with my new band this year.

P1000761.jpg

P1000764.jpg

P1000766.jpg

Gorgeous Kit mate!
Love the satin oil finish even after all this time it still looks great. I have an Emerald stain kit with Vintage brass hardware, and its the best money I've ever spent on drums... makes me smile everytime i sit behind them. Enjoy - and welcome to the DW appreciation society!!!

Back