RECORDING PICS!

Calummordue

So yeah i was recording with my band the other day so i thought i would take some pics to show u guys :)

All the drums were miced - bass, tom, floor tom, snare top and bottom
We had two overheads at X/Y
Also the hats

if u want any specs just ask

DSC01791.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01770.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

Impressive rang of mic's! Let me ask you, with the overheads so close together, how does it compar with the 'standard' micing technique?

Cool mate! I'm 20 and still looking for a band! I think i've seen you outdoor pics and some of your playing on youtube (are you a young guy?) What kind of band are you in?

Impressive rang of mic's! Let me ask you, with the overheads so close together, how does it compar with the 'standard' micing technique?

I don't think there should be a "normal" micing method for everything - it's always worth experimenting. *I've previosuly had great results from this tight XY positioning. *After that picture was taken, we had a play and moved the mics out to another position, more like ORTF. *This worked better than the tighter postion, as the mics were pointed at the cymbals.

P6230015.jpg

I hope you don't mind me asking mate, but where did all the money for all these mics come from!? Lol.

Nah i dont mind you asking :) They aren't that expensive mics, the drum pack was £46. The Co1 was £30 of ebay. The overheads were £45 from Thomann along with the drum pack. The 8 mic in audio card was £30 of ebay, an amazing deal as it was £300 new!

BTW, i dont own any of these, they are all my friend's. He has bulit them up over a few years picking up deals were he can :)

Last edited:
Nah i dont mind you asking :) They aren't that expensive mics, the drum pack was £46. The Co1 was £30 of ebay. The overheads were £45 from Thomann along with the drum pack. The 8 mic in audio card was £30 of ebay, an amazing deal as it was £300 new!

BTW, i dont own any of these, they are all my friend's. He has bulit them up over a few years picking up deals were he can :)

Okay i see, £30 is pretty impressive. I had to spend £350 on my thingimagig.

Okay i see, £30 is pretty impressive. I had to spend £350 on my thingimagig.

I just took delivery of my AKG K701's. Give it two weeks and they'll be broken in.

My point?

Recording gear is a bottomless pit.

Back