SKIII + a surprise!

805Drummer

Gold Member
When my Aquarian Superkick II kick drum head ripped, I gave Mr. Roy Burns a ring, and he kindly sent me a new one.
What I wasn't expecting, though, was the weight of the box; it was very heavy for a drum head.
When I brought it up to my room and I opened it, I found a pleasant surprise: An Aquarian Tru-Bounce practice pad!
Not only these, but it comes with a pair of Power Sleeve drumsticks -- I needed new sticks!

Aquarian, if you are reading this, I would like to thank you for being so awesome.
And I'm interested to see how the SKIII compares to the SKII, and how the Tru-Bounce compares to my Vater two-sided rubber pad.
It will be interesting to see how my kit's look changes with the coated bass drum head.

I'll let you guys know how this stuff is!

And if anyone wants a broken SKII, I'll sell it to you for $10! haha

Pic0622.jpg

Pic0621.jpg

Pic0624.jpg

It's good to see that level of customer service in today's world.

Please give feedback on the head. I haven't played a SKIII. I 'm curious to find out what it sounds like.

What the heck...?

When I hit the bass drum head (especially near the edge), the drum makes a sound that sounds like metal scraping onto metal. Any idea what this is?

It's probably the edge of the drum head rubbing against the hoops?

I'll try taking the head off and checking for that, I guess...

But so far, the sound of the SKIII is just alright. It's not like the SKII, but it still is a nice change. Eventually, I think I'm gonna get another SKII again, but that's after all my other major purchases.

When my Aquarian Superkick II kick drum head ripped, I gave Mr. Roy Burns a ring, and he kindly sent me a new one.
What I wasn't expecting, though, was the weight of the box; it was very heavy for a drum head.
When I brought it up to my room and I opened it, I found a pleasant surprise: An Aquarian Tru-Bounce practice pad!
Not only these, but it comes with a pair of Power Sleeve drumsticks -- I needed new sticks!

And if anyone wants a broken SKII, I'll sell it to you for $10! haha

That's world class service. Glad to hear your story had a happy ending. I hope the sound is what you're after.

Hah,thats awesome. It seems everything you owned is destined to be red and black.

hahahahahahahaha

Yeah, dude, this is crazy...I just realized. My Vater pad is red/black, my Aquarian pad is red/black, my drum set is red and black, my double bass pedals are red and black...

That's probably why my orange cow block doesn't fit in too well.

You need to write back to Mr. Roy Burns and thank him and just drool all over him. This is way above and beyond. Great customer service. Proves two things. There is still good customer service out there, and two that you handled this very well, very well indeed for a young person. You must have written a nice email without threats and temper tantrums. Way to go young man.

You need to write back to Mr. Roy Burns and thank him and just drool all over him. This is way above and beyond. Great customer service. Proves two things. There is still good customer service out there, and two that you handled this very well, very well indeed for a young person. You must have written a nice email without threats and temper tantrums. Way to go young man.

Yup, I actually called and spoke to him.

I'm playing on my Tru-bounce pad right now, and it feels great.

Now I just gotta put my Superkick 3 on again, I think I did it the wrong way, and now there's some metal rattling. Hmmm...

WOW!

Now THAT'S a company worth giving your business to. Great story 805 D!

Excellent! ;-)

Check your lugs. it sounds like one is loose.

You know, I did that. I took the head off, and checked every single lug on the entire kick drum. I can't try playing it because it's too early in the morning, but it seems like the problem's not going away.

I did notice that about three of the lugs are much more "responsive" to tuning, which I think might be a bad thing...all the other lugs, after a bunch of turns, start to have less give, and you can feel them getting tight. These three lugs though, they still feel really smooth when turning them.

that is some remarkable customer service from a standout company - nice to here an equipment horror story with a happy ending!

i had a rogue "rattle" on my kick and for the longest time could'nt figure it out, i ended up holding one piece of hardware at a time and then kick the pedal, it took almost an hour but it ended up being the brackect on the bottom of the pedal, so just try being methodical i guess - and patient ;-)

that is some remarkable customer service from a standout company - nice to here an equipment horror story with a happy ending!

i had a rogue "rattle" on my kick and for the longest time could'nt figure it out, i ended up holding one piece of hardware at a time and then kick the pedal, it took almost an hour but it ended up being the brackect on the bottom of the pedal, so just try being methodical i guess - and patient ;-)

I think I figured it out; the hoop isn't evenly weighted around the kick drum. It's sitting kind of diagonally. Hopefully I can fix that.

I think I figured it out; the hoop isn't evenly weighted around the kick drum. It's sitting kind of diagonally. Hopefully I can fix that.

Sounds like you didn't tune evenly or don't tune evenly and bent you hoop.

If not that it is probably one of the springs inside one or more of the lugs. Filling them with cotton balls is a tedious but cheap solution

Haha whenever i see my pencil case in school i can't help but be reminded of your red and black kit! Try to get a kick pad or something for this head, it'll last a lot longer than your last one.

Sounds like you didn't tune evenly or don't tune evenly and bent you hoop.

If not that it is probably one of the springs inside one or more of the lugs. Filling them with cotton balls is a tedious but cheap solution

I just put the head back on again with my new EVANS TORQUE KEY (amazing little helper), and it's all good now. My pedal is squeaking a bit (there's always a problem...) so I'll see if my dad can help me with that.

Haha whenever i see my pencil case in school i can't help but be reminded of your red and black kit! Try to get a kick pad or something for this head, it'll last a lot longer than your last one.

Haha yeah! At Guitar Center, picking out my throne, I could have gotten a black one on the spot, but I got in online just so I could get a black and red one to keep up with my kit's trend.

Back