Guiness- Largest Drum set

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Supposedly 380 pieces. I guess Bozzio would have the largest playable kit.

Attachments

• Mark Temperato - Largest Drum Kit-69_Fin.ss_full.jpg
    Mark Temperato - Largest Drum Kit-69_Fin.ss_full.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 884
Drummer's view... and there's some cowbells too :)

mark-04.jpg

If you look at the basic "5 pc kit" within all that, the tom angles look ridiculous.

Come to think of it, the whole thing looks ridiculous, as in "deserving of ridicule"

i take it that only jesus can play that kit

He'd wanna lend a hand with the set up/tear down at the very least.

I reckon either that guy or his son have been here to show off that kit before. Hit and runners, if I recall......didn't hang around long enough to answer (m)any questions from memory.

Depends on where it was. IF there was an earthquake and all those cymbal stacks fell you would look like sliced salami. Not thanks for me.

Think the average person or drummer thinks this is cool? It makes me a little embarrassed to be a drummer kinda. There are starving kids in africa after all.

It's sad, cause that kit could've been so much more if they were Mapex Saturn's.

I was unprepared to accept the fact that the dude's jacket is louder than his kit. Amen brother, amen.

I don't get the double decker cymbal setup. I just played a gig last weekend and had to use another drummer's kit. The setup was ridiculous (do you really need a 6" roto tom before your 8" tom to play a cancer benefit??). I usually do fine on other peeps kits, but I struggled on this thing. Not trying to hijack, but check out the pics and tell me what you think.
I'm all for drummers feeling free to set up however they want, but when its "hey look at me and my giant kit that I'll only play a quarter of...well now that just irritates me.

Attachments

• IMG_11133662244983.jpeg
    IMG_11133662244983.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_11114746168323.jpeg
    IMG_11114746168323.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
You need a ladder of small elevator to hit some of those cymbals.To me It's an affront and a ostentatious waste of a congregations time and money,and serves no useful purpose.

I know someone is going to say,maybe he paid fot it himself.And just who do you think pays his salary genuis? The congregation.The guys a snake oil salesman.

Rant over

Steve B

Last edited:
A good friend of mine tech's for TB every now & then. He did for LDS. The kit comes c/w a full manual, including precise instructions on tuning to scales.

I was having a social with a few drum manufacturers, & we joked as to the reaction when TB knocks on the door re: endorsement. Holy crap, it would bankrupt many of us, especially a kit on every continent kinda deal :)

I would love to..... throw a super ball in there and see how it sounds.

All goofing aside, if someone actually gets a kick out of a kit this size then why not? I've seen a lot of stupider things.
It would propably be fun to play that thing. For 5 minutes.

Well, I guess it's better than spending the congregation's money on illegal substances and "recreational comsultants". If you know what I mean8^).

Back