Lovers of metal drumming ...

It's nice to hear someone playing cool stuff that's not all blasting or super fast kicks.

I believe I just had another one of those 'I quit' moments.

Sick stuff! Sick set up too! Those chops are really clean except 2:04 was sort of ehh but I'm sure they'll just re-punch that in. Besides the drumming, the solo was pretty cool near the end as well.

That's how you do it.

That was great I had to go back and watch the stick clicking thing a couple of times. It caught me off guard. Really great playing.

I almost didn't click on this thread because I'm not a metal fan at all, but that was awesome!! Thanks for sharing. That cat can play!

I think that's a "Big Trouble in Little China" tattoo on his arm. Awesome.

Drumming was good too, but the Lo-Pan tat made it for me.

Great playing, Phil's a killer drummer.

I sure do wish though that all these drummers doing these videos and playing this way, wouldn't sound replace their drums.
I would really love to hear what they sound like. Not those same samples over and over again. haha.

Awesome drummer though.

D

Great playing, Phil's a killer drummer.

I sure do wish though that all these drummers doing these videos and playing this way, wouldn't sound replace their drums.
I would really love to hear what they sound like. Not those same samples over and over again. haha.

Awesome drummer though.

D

I was wondering about that. Kick sound was a bit too-perfect. Unlike the tattoo, which is perfect-perfect.

The guy's heel-toe technique is spot on. Flows very smoothly. Really gives the impression of ease when compared to singles. Not as powerful acoustically, of course, but very impressive.

Just saw this video come up in the official Meinl youtube feed.

Nice tracking indeed, Phil!

I really, really dig this. Great playing. I have been dabbling in some of this playing myself, but I have limited opportunities to play or practice it so I don't get to do it very often.

here is my boy Phil tracking a tune off the new Revocation record
Superb! How long have you been taking lessons from Phil, Tony? ;) ;) ;)

D
Agreed Derek, stellar playing, but still generic sounding. Imagine how many more flavours would emerge without replacement? I understand the pull, & the economics of the decision - but still ................

Back