my fiancee is letting me put drums in living room ; )

nightraider43

My beautiful fiancee is letting me put my drums in living room. I have a basement but it's cool and damp. Told her not a good place for drums for various reasons. Besides , my living room is 28x15 with beautiful 3/4" hardwood floors and my killer stereo system. Don't worry I say , I will put a rug underneath the drums and turn the volume down ;-)

Sounds like you have a very understanding fiancee there :)

Take photos of that so years from now you can say "remember when...?"

Marry her quick BEFORE the blindness of new love wears off! I wouldn't even put my own drums in the living room...

She LET you? Run now while you are still wearing pants.
What else will she let you do once you are married?

Come on, putting drums in the living room? Thats a pretty big ask! I don't think this constitutes any kind of a control issue at all.

Congratulations on getting out of the cool dankness.

All in good fun...I had a 3-month long ongoing argument about where my drums were going to go when we moved into this (tiny) house we were looking at.

We didn't move there :).

Drums *are* very beautiful things though, they're more like a sculpture than an eyesore - that's how I look at them anyway. Think of it as saving lots of money on less impressive 'art' for the house.

As soon as you say I do, down the basemant they go! LOL Just kidding, she sounds like a keeper.

OK marry her.
Please post again in a year to tell us how it works out.....the drums in living room that is. lol

She sounds like a keeper. I have been married 26 years, yes to the same woman ;-)

I regularly move the furniture out of the living room and have rehearsals. If they happen to fall on a weekend it almost always turns into a party.

It's our house. Live in the country just south of Indy

In the future maybe you could build yourself a detached garage-like structure and really do it up into an awesome man cave where you can play to your hearts content, day or night.

I hate bothering people with my practice, it stifles me. I need to know that I can play anytime I want and not have to worry about bothering anyone.

Both my kits are in the living room. I have to dust them far more often than I would naturally be inclined to (which is never) because Mr Madge the aesthete won't let me cover them up.

Luckily for me, the Madgettes are rarely home and when they are, NOTHING wakes them, so I can play whenever I like, even during the hours of daylight if I feel so inclined. Mr Madge is more sensitive but (I like to think) also more appreciative ;)

Back