Pants: A neccessity for drummers?

Sweats,jeans,shorts.knickers,briefs,boxer/briefs,thongs....or you can go...commando.

Commando is no undergarments of any kind.It's usually preceeded by a liberal application of Gold Bond talcum powder.

Steve B

We do commando (rarely, because of the climate) here. Any outerwear for the nether limbs would probably qualify as trousers, hence my question.

...Who here is simply for drumming in the nude?

Not me. I have to wear shoes.

Help I have Ants in my Pants
Liar Liar Pants on Fire
To Pant or not To Pant that is the question
Do they make drumming pants? They make drumming shoes
I always kinda liked Loudmouth Golf Pants

Attachments

• dropclothmenspants2.jpg
    dropclothmenspants2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 226
UK US
Football A game where they run with the ball in their hands.

LOL..

Yeah,I never got that one either,as 95% of the time you pass or pass off the ball .

I grew up in a ethnic German/Italian immigrant neighborhood,and playe football or American soccer.

Another sports reference here is that baseball was actually invented in the U.K.,specificly in Britain.

Even Abner Doubleday who's credited with inventing the US national pass time said so.

Let the US baseball fan hate begin,but before you do,just look it up.Go Yanks

Steve B

Oh okay. Fag and Faggot are interchangeable derogatory terms here in the US, thus my confusion to the UK form of the word.

In the orchestra it's the bassoon, I think. You have the faggot and the contrafaggot, which is an octave lower, which is why pants is so important to drumming.

Ya know, I have decided to not wear any pants when I play the nudist resort gig this year.
Why should I?
I will play the gig in the buff.

Just watch the rim shots ,and be careful sitting down,especially if it's hot out Bob.:)

Steve B
I will probably buy a new throne when the gig is over.
Usually i just buy a new pair of undies :)

I pants when I plays the kit. Its the only way I can keep cool (especially after eatings so many spicy faggots) when I plays since I dont have any sweat glands. . .

Ya know, I have decided to not wear any pants when I play the nudist resort gig this year.
Why should I?
I will play the gig in the buff.

Well done, Bob! Don't scrimp on the sunscreen ...

Amazed and amused at your gig. I'm envious. I used to go to nude beaches occasionally with my partner at the time (before the evil cellulite turned me into Jabba the Hutt). I'll never forget the first time I looked down on the beach from the hill leading down to it at all those naked humans - very Planet of the Apes :)

Hey the OP never returned to his thread to share in the fun???

you absolutly dont need pants to play the drums well. But the thing is, you need to know how to wear pants. while dennis chambers may have never worn pants, he could teach a master class on how to wear them. you develop your own.

But for some, developing it on your own can take a little more time. And knowing pants like you would in a clothing store would help you communicate.

On a lark, I just Googled images for "naked drumming".

A friendly word of advice. NEVER Google images for "naked drumming."

... I bet a good number of you just Googled images for "naked drumming"...

Soon my picture will be one that shows up in the search :)

you absolutly dont need pants to play the drums well. But the thing is, you need to know how to wear pants. while dennis chambers may have never worn pants, he could teach a master class on how to wear them. you develop your own.

But for some, developing it on your own can take a little more time. And knowing pants like you would in a clothing store would help you communicate.

Exactly. Glad to see some maturity enter this discussion. It's important not to give the kiddies misinformation (apart from Santa, the Easter Bunny, religion, the stork, what Daddy was really doing to Mummy etc, in which case it's okay to tell them nonsense).

Of course, plus some variants. There was one very unhygienic image (especially for anyone wanting to use that drumstick) but otherwise quite entertaining.

Soon my picture will be one that shows up in the search :)

Only if you get your key words right ...

Now I have to go and clear my browser history... Thanks!

'Trousers' is a generic name for any full-length two-legged item of clothing. Jeans are a specific type of 'trouser', as are 'tracksuit bottoms' (track pants). So all jeans are trousers but not all trousers are jeans.

The plural is irregular, so 'trousers' refers to the singular, .e.g. 'a pair of trousers' or 'three pairs of trousers' but 'trouser' is a rarely-used descriptive plural and only really used in classification - like my example above. Non-intuitive.

I haven't been on the forum lately but I came back today and this is the first post I read.

I'm confused...so very confused.

Me Too! I have not been on here in forever and now you people have gotten completely out of control!!!

Back