Gibraltar Quick Release Clutch

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Hi Drummers,

Gibraltar Quick Release Clutch.

Thinking of picking one of these up, tired of my clutch slipping (getting old like me) Do any of you know if this will fit the Yamaha rod?

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 209
Hi Drummers,

Gibraltar Quick Release Clutch.

Thinking of picking one of these up, tired of my clutch slipping (getting old like me) Do any of you know if this will fit the Yamaha rod?

Just picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago...................the model with the drop clutch. It has worked great so far and hopefully speeds up the set up/tear down times.............................plus, every time I disassemble my hats, inevitably I drop a piece on a dark stage.............hopefully this will help.............. So far, so good

Not sure if the Yamaha rods are different, but it fits my DW5000 hat stand perfectly

The thing I don't like about this clutch is the thread goes from top to bottom without a break for the top cymbal. This causes a grinding of the top hi-hat cymbal against the threads.

I have DW and Pearl clutches that contain a smooth break where the cymbal sits and doesn't wear on them. I prefer their design.

The thing I don't like about this clutch is the thread goes from top to bottom without a break for the top cymbal. This causes a grinding of the top hi-hat cymbal against the threads.

I have DW and Pearl clutches that contain a smooth break where the cymbal sits and doesn't wear on them. I prefer their design.

Same here, i don't like the continuous thread and the clutch was very heavy compared to my other clutch.

Gibraltar must have realized that error- my QR clutch, bought last year, has a smooth section for the top cymbal (as seen in the photo). Can't speak for Yamaha shafts but I think they're an average thickness and my clutch fits my 9000 stand perfectly. It's a really great clutch IMO, very simple to operate and much quicker than my other two threaded clutches (one of which has a drumkey tightening screw... ugh).

IMG_20140225_202240.jpg

I have a yamaha stand and one of these. Ill try it out tonight for you.

I use one on a Yamaha stand and it works fine. I had to grind some of the threads smooth to protect my cymbals. Glad they addressed this issue.

Yes it fits my Yamaha hi hat stand (came with a stage custom kit).

Mine is also smoothed so there is no thread rubbing against the cymbal.

Well, as it turns out it's not in stock, may go with the Pearl or DW. Not too fussy as long as it works and is simple to use I don't care who makes it. Maybe MF will sell me a better one for the same money? Thanks for the replies and good to see that Gibraltar corrected the thread issue.

Gibraltar must have realized that error- my QR clutch, bought last year, has a smooth section for the top cymbal (as seen in the photo). Can't speak for Yamaha shafts but I think they're an average thickness and my clutch fits my 9000 stand perfectly. It's a really great clutch IMO, very simple to operate and much quicker than my other two threaded clutches (one of which has a drumkey tightening screw... ugh).

IMG_20140225_202240.jpg

I must have received an older one as mine is threaded all the way.......................

Not too worried about it, I keep my top hat tight, and have never had any issues with the threads.

Ordered the Pearl locking clutch? Looks like it's made pretty well.

Ordered the Pearl locking clutch? Looks like it's made pretty well.

The triple lock clutch or the super grip clutch? My super grip clutch works great. If I were you, I would have held out for the quick release clutch, though. Easily one of the best investments I've made as a gigging drummer. Mine is threaded through, but I've never had any issues, nor have I known anybody who has ever had an issue with a fully threaded clutch.

Back