Can we please agree that this is the most amazing drum cover ever?

not sure if it's the best ever but it is really good, there are countless cover versions of that song some guy in school's band litereally did a cover version of the song because their idols biffy clyro had done one!

It's quite sad to think that the guy was playing paiste pst3s and 5s and there's a load of drummers who are really crap with better stuff, like me and my z custom.

And Candle in the Wind by Elton John is the best selling song of all time, popular sure doesn't mean right.

Other than the 1997 re-write; I would contest that it is actually a stunningly wonderful song. Elton John for all his detractions as a pretentious writer, actually writes some brilliant material.

not sure if it's the best ever but it is really good, there are countless cover versions of that song some guy in school's band litereally did a cover version of the song because their idols biffy clyro had done one!

It's quite sad to think that the guy was playing paiste pst3s and 5s and there's a load of drummers who are really crap with better stuff, like me and my z custom.

Trust me, there were no PST 3's there. Although it is impressive, what he can do with his few intermediate cymbals. It's kind of inspiring.

Ah, a penny for every time i've heard that one. It seems to me that people kick up such a stink about this guy because he actually stands out as a very good player for his age, certainly one of the best on Youtube. Seeing a kid with great chops is bound to cause some insecurities.

no seriously, I would. my video camera's mic isn't good enough for capturing drum sounds. If i ever get a camera with a decent mic, I would put videos on youtube.

and I'm not insecure, I was just saying that I would make videos for youtube and put them up if I could.

that was uncalled for.

no seriously, I would. my video camera's mic isn't good enough for capturing drum sounds. If i ever get a camera with a decent mic, I would put videos on youtube.

and I'm not insecure, I was just saying that I would make videos for youtube and put them up if I could.

that was uncalled for.

Does your camera have a mic input jack? Yes? Good. Go to Radioshack, buy a $20 wired clip-on microphone, plug it into your camera, and play.

Wow...you're right. Now the comments seem funny.

C O B U S I S G O D ! ! ! ! ! !
dude if u could rate a 100 in stars ,i would
Dude you're just amazing! I watched this about 3 times!
Geez, I'm speechless!
YOU HAVE RESTORED MY FAITH IN MANKIND
nuff said
OMG!!!
i love you!!!!
MY FAVORITE SONG!!!! YES!!! You killed it good job, nice drumming my favorite of all ur vids.
absolutely awesome !!! I'm working to get a groove like that !
your bass sounds really awesome!!
this almost made me cry. i love itt!!
supersupersupersuperawesome!
Awesome dude !
ohhhhhh
myyyy
gaaawwdd
incredible
EFFN AMAZING
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!..... i knew it you're NOT human!!!
dude..you're truly amazing.
i freakin love watching you drum.
actually amazin!!! so so so good! :D
You, my friend, are second to none.
you are amazing, I love you.
ssiiiiiiickkkk!
BEAST!
You're still the most entertaining drummer on this WHOLE site to watch :)

There we go.

Wasn't that essentially what you said when you first opened this thread?

Does your camera have a mic input jack? Yes? Good. Go to Radioshack, buy a $20 wired clip-on microphone, plug it into your camera, and play.

LOL, Looks like it's time to put up there drumguyfromWI. We will take into consideration that your camera mic may not be up to par.

It's an interesting take on a catchy pop song with some tasty licks, but I don't think it's deserving of the praise you're giving it. I mean, he's light years beyond where I'm at in my drumming journey, but there are far better examples out there.

Hey does anyone know how to do that snare fill that Cobus did at 1:43? Most of the fills he did were quite nice and at the same time not that terribly hard to figure out, but im completley blown away by that fill.

Any help?

If everyone agreed with everyone else, what a boring place this would be...

Couldn't agree more aydee!

This all a little crazy.

Correct me if im wrong but who are we to question a persons taste. Yes 805 has definately exaggerated how good the video is but it is HIS taste and not ours.

There really are far better drummers IMO and yours but if 805 loves his playing then thats groovy.

Just my two...

Adam x

p.s My opinion is that the video is good, I like the playing and he is enjoying what hes doing which is what its all about isn't it!

Last edited:
Very good playing, and he is certainly passionate about his instrument. Very linear. Not the best I've seen. Not even close.
Someone needs to send him some donations to replace those PST cymbals.
Ugh.

Someone needs to send him some donations to replace those PST cymbals.
Ugh.

Why? I like the sound of those cymbals. I've heard worse sounding cymbals that were priced 5 times as much. The Sabian XS cymbal in the video sounded good too. But, we all have our different tastes, don't we.

Very nice, but as some f the guys here said i like Vadrum's stuff better....way more creative in both song selection and drums part, i mean Mcgyver?!! who the hell would think in doing a drum cover of that?? xD

You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning from a night of heavy drinking? Anyone understand?

Back