Left leg vibrating

dahoros

I've been working towards using my left leg in order to make myself a more rounded drummer and lately towards the end of my regiment my left leg vibrates.

I'm asking if anyone else has had a similar problem, and whether or not if it'll stop after enough practice.

I've been working towards using my left leg in order to make myself a more rounded drummer and lately towards the end of my regiment my left leg vibrates.

I'm asking if anyone else has had a similar problem, and whether or not if it'll stop after enough practice.

You're fortunate that you didn't start a career in rock climbing.

Honestly though, two things will give you the shakes.

The first is adrenaline. Stage fright is typically the cause, and this can be fixed with proper breathing, relaxation, and/or a little philosophy. Remember to keep your 'philosophy' out of the club and band van in the event you get searched or pulled over. I keep mine in a shoebox under my bed.

The second is exhaustion. You need to work out your legs and calf muscles. Make sure you do full range of motion exercises. A stair/stepper is fine, anything that works the full range of motion of the muscle.

I used to get the latter 'after' shows, and it would manifest itself on the drive home. When I would hit a red light, I would shake on the clutch pedal (my Jeep CJ had a 9" throw). I must have looked like a total rookie because I got pulled over once for "jerking my car", and actually received a ticket.

Drink lots of water. Before, during and after you play.

Back