More creative drumming with a cape on?

Before I can determine the true cape to creativity ratio. I need to know, am I getting my gear after I've run away or is my mother?

For the purposes of increased accuracy in the ratio calculations, we should assume the latter.

This thread need some heated debate that degrades into petty name calling to simulate how silly the last threads on the big/small kit debates have been.

Anyone want to start?

I declare capes to be silly and unnecessary. Back in my day drummers used to drum in a suit, tie and a large powdered wig. They were strange times but we did as our fathers did. I don't care for this cape nonsense, I'm too old school for that silliness. Furthermore I declare any cape wearing drummers to lack artistic vision and the ability to parallel park.

There, I said it.

Good point, Grea. I guess if the cape doesn't work for me, I will be forever relegated to a life of drumming mediocrity and probably wind up married to a cheese hostess someday.

The size of the cape is determined by this factor:
Measure the distance from the top of your shoulders to the top of you seat and add 6 inches (15.25cm) to the length. This will allow the cape to hang down enough below the throne seat to look really cool.

Red or black are the only real choices in colors, too.

Ben has huge artistic vision, & proves that through the success of his band. I've never seen him parallel park though, so you may have a point there ;)

Sir! That is CLEARLY a hood not a cape.

Gloryhammer_rusza_boju_6019301.jpg

Mmm Hmm... We may need to administer a parallel parking exam on you sir.

Is that simply not a cape with integral hood? Anyhow, for live work, Ben deploys a more compact cape. There may be something in this cape ratio theory. Perhaps his photo shoot cape adds coolness powers, but the live cape majors on creativity & endurance.

We need to consult the master himself on this, but I'm not sure he'll surface if threatened with the demeaning charade of a parallel parking test. Is this test with or without cape assistance?

Not another "does wearing a cape make a drummer more creative ?" thread. Use the search function. This must be up there with the creative stick twirling threads.

I'm sure we also need to consider the aesthetics of cape, to whit;

What colour is it? Are maroon capes more creative than black ones?
What material is it? Velvet? Velour? Silk? Wool?

These are crucial questions that must be answered to further the debate.....

I'm sure we also need to consider the aesthetics of cape, to whit;

What colour is it? Are maroon capes more creative than black ones?
What material is it? Velvet? Velour? Silk? Wool?

These are crucial questions that must be answered to further the debate.....

Sparkly, of course.

Frock + cape = overkill, or simply even more tasteful?

Gloryhammer_rusza_boju_6019301.jpg

Mmm Hmm... We may need to administer a parallel parking exam on you sir.

Actually, it's called a hooded cloak. A proper cape has no hood and isn't meant to keep you warm like those were designed for.

I started putting a cape on my snare, but it keeps getting caught in the drive shaft of my pedal. How do you guys prevent this?

Before I can determine the true cape to creativity ratio. I need to know, am I getting my gear after I've run away or is my mother?

That all depends on if you knock down somebodys girl friend,and get punched in the face,or make a clean get away.The true lesson to be learned here is to have extra drum sticks,that are easily within reach.:)

Steve B

Back