possibly the wildest drum rack so far

I wish I had all the answers for you guys and gals, but unforunately there was no one to talk to about it.

I wish I had a camera with me but all I had was the phone camera so I know that these are not the clearest pictures.

I left these pics full size so you can maybe get a better idea of the detail in this rack. Even the mic stands are incorperated into the structure.

edit- I've left a note for Shawn to come on here and answer any questions you all may have ..

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 2,956
  • IMG_6805.jpg
    IMG_6805.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 6,112
Last edited:
Wow. Amazing.

Yea, I was wondering about how you get up into it too... Step-ladder I guess. I also wonder how stable it is, looks like it would wobble like crazy.

I am MR SAWBLADEHEAD's girlfriend. He will be at Sam Ash today at 1pm and throughout the week. Make sure you stop by and check it out and register for the raffle he has just set up today. Drawing will be by Mr Sawbladehead at Sam Ash on Saturday@3pm. You can register to win a $500.00 voucher for your own custom mic stand or??? Mr. Sawbladehead created this piece from solid steel, all hand formed and welded in Tampa Bay. Powder coated by Brothers.It breaks down with a screw gun and sets up in about 20 minutes. He is going to join you guys soon to discuss. Stay tuned...AND, He has several videos up on youtube for Mr Sawbladehead, cause he IS a drummer first. So check him out, like Mr Sawbladehead on Facebook, etc. Peace.

fyi-It breaks into very movable pieces, sets up in 20 minutes, has a stair built into the back to get you onto it, is solid and will NOT tip over no matter where you are on it (there have been up to 6 people posing on it at a time), and Mr Sawbladehead plays smaller venues with just the cage portion. And, it will kick Harry Potters ASS!!!!

This is a really cool forum and I am really proud of all of my man's hard work. Thank you for the love, peoples!

fyi-It breaks into very movable pieces, sets up in 20 minutes, has a stair built into the back to get you onto it, is solid and will NOT tip over no matter where you are on it (there have been up to 6 people posing on it at a time), and Mr Sawbladehead plays smaller venues with just the cage portion. And, it will kick Harry Potters ASS!!!!

This is a really cool forum and I am really proud of all of my man's hard work. Thank you for the love, peoples!

He should go into the custom rack building business. I would be afraid to ask how much that would cost.

Hello everyone.

Mr.Sawbladehead here. Sorry it took my awhile to respond,but my girl just informed me. As stated, it breaks down, loads in its own road cases which double as bad ass ego stage boxes, 1 man set up but 2 is easier and much quicker, roadies dream to set up, rock solid- and will not tip over, made from heavy to light weight steel where I hand sculpted every pc of this monster. Literally built the cage in my friends driveway and the riser in my backyard. Go to my Mr.Sawbladehead Facebook fan page for updates, photos and videos. Hit the like button please!

Thank you.

Thanks for coming here and explaining things! I think everyone is still in awe of your beautiful sculpture that doubles as a drum rack, so I'm sure many more questions will come your way.

About how long did it take from idea to the actual finishing of the rack ?

Again thanks for stopping in, theres a great bunch of people here!

Gary

Hello everyone.

Mr.Sawbladehead here. Sorry it took my awhile to respond,but my girl just informed me. As stated, it breaks down, loads in its own road cases which double as bad ass ego stage boxes, 1 man set up but 2 is easier and much quicker, roadies dream to set up, rock solid- and will not tip over, made from heavy to light weight steel where I hand sculpted every pc of this monster. Literally built the cage in my friends driveway and the riser in my backyard. Go to my Mr.Sawbladehead Facebook fan page for updates, photos and videos. Hit the like button please!

Thank you.
That's really impressive work! Thanks for sharing.

Erm just a quick one. What do you mean by the cage portion? ??? (I'm totally lost here)

Erm just a quick one. What do you mean by the cage portion? ??? (I'm totally lost here)
There is the cage, which is the part that holds the drums--like taking the place of drum stands---and then there is the riser, which is the "trunk" of this tree. when drummers set up they like stages with risers, so they can be elevated a bit behind the rest of the band.
Here it is as just the cage....if I can get the attachment to work here.....

photo.php

Is there any flexibility in the mounts for toms and cymbals, in case you want to adjust the positioning?

I imagine you chose clear heads and shells so as not to detract from the design.

Just checked out MR.SawBladeHeads facebook page.
He is definately a very talented welder/ metal fabricator,
Check out his page you won't be dissapointed
his band is pretty awesome too!
Sounds to me like a very heavy Alice in chains,...pretty cool!

I seem to have very bad luck when it comes to technology! I wrote my story about my sculpture from a thought into finished product, but it never appeared on the forum!! So, I'll answer a few questions from this forum.

I've never had any reason to make adjustments when I got my kit set up the way I like it! So, there are no adjustments on this. It is made to my specs just the same as when I design one for a client. Depending on the design, I could add that feature in.

i've never worked for or with Falicon. I know who they are though. I did build my 1st cage design before Tommy Aldridge, Falicon cages for Rod Morgenstein, Megadeth etc had come out to the mainstream. Not saying they copied my design, but you can decide for yourself.

Yeah, I love the incorporation of the mics into the cage. There's no way you could have it any other way. Even my drum throne is sculpted! Alot of great ideas and planning went into this and since I had to load it and unload it (sometimes w/out my tech) you design it for the road and how to make things easy to set up & tear down. So, my next tech will love me for it!

There is a back step ( sculpted branch actually that doubles as a stabilizing bar! ) The road cases are square steel tubing with expanded metal grating so when everything is empty - you flip it over for a KICK ASS EGO STAGE riser for the band !! Lights - monitors smoke all fits underneath! Its so bad ass!!

I have been receiving serious inquires regarding my work and I will start building my custom mic stand line this month. I have over 40 different designs,most of which can be mass produced and others are strictly hand sculpted.Stay tuned for that line in 2012!!

More questions, please feel free to contact me @ [email protected]

Back