Brady Solid Snare

drumbandit

Silver Member
I have the chance to buy a Brady Solid Shell snare drum which is one year old, does anybody have one or have any sound clips as I've found it hard to get much from the rest of the internet so I thought I'd ask you lot.
Also does anybody know the retail price on a one piece solid snare from Brady as I couldn't find much about that either.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

I'm pretty sure I saw Brady soundclips on YouTube. Memphis Drum Shop samples all kinds of snares on YouTube

retail for a new brady block is just around 1000 USD. I've never heard of a brady one piece.
A used one in good shape should run around 650-700USD.

There are several on eBay right now, Block Snares, that start at 975. and go to 1095.00 JUst a range.

The Brady solids seem to be fairly rare. They are true one piece drums. The hollow them out of a single log. Like DMCs kit. These are not steam bent.

Might be a pretty cool drum!

Last edited:
http://www.bradydrums.com.au/solid.html

There are the 'block' snares which there are videos of on youtube etc, but check on the website under the 'drums' section they make 'ply' 'block' and 'solid' snares. 'Solid' being one piece of wood and I can literally only find that West Coast drumshop link. It seems nobody knows too much about them.

Thanks anyway,

Tom

Here's a link to the solid shell page from the Brady Drums website.

http://www.bradydrums.com.au/solid.html

These are the holy grail of Bradys, and they don't come up very often. When you visit the site you'll see the company creates ply, block and solid shell drums.

As mentioned by other members, the solids are carved from specially selected logs, much akin, I believe, to the process used to make Canopus Zelkova drums.

When I visited the factory a few years back I saw Chris making one of these. It was great to see him in action: a true artist. My understanding is that these drums are VERY expensive.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone have a Brady solid snare (one piece) they'd sell me? Happy to pay a mad price if you've got one......

13 years after my original post I finally got myself a Brady solid one piece snare. Hollowed from a Jarrah tree! It's by far the best sounding and looking Brady (or any drum for that matter) I've had the pleasure of playing
Awesome! I have a Luka maple snare of similar hollowed out construction. Great snare!

Back