Look! A Drum Kit!

SlyDrumGuy

So, this is my kit. It's actually the first nice kit I've ever had, or played on!

Current Setup:

3.png

2.png

Old Setup:

1.png

Kit Specs:

- DDrum Reflex 5pc. Kit
- Meinl Classic Medium Soundwave 14" Hi-Hats
- Meinl Byzance Brilliant Medium 16" Crash
- Meinl Soundcaster Custom Medium 18" Crash
- Meinl Byzance Brilliant 16" China
- Meinl HCS 20" Ride
- DW 5000 Pedals
- Gibraltar Hi-Hat Stand
- PDP Snare Stand
- PDP Cymbal Stands
- Evans G2 Coated Batter Heads
- Evans G1 Clear Resonance Heads
- Evans EMAD 2 Bass Drum Batter Head
- Evans E-Rings
- Evans EQ Double Pedal Patch

So! Whatcha think?!

I love it! I run a 1 up / 1 down setup because I play mostly Hardcore and Metalcore, but you can see the in the last picture, I ran 2 up / 1 down, with the 2 rack toms to the left of the bass drum. I know they're meant to be mounted on the cymbal stands, but I couldn't get them set how I wanted, and it also made cymbal positioning a challenge too. I've also got my bass drum angled to the right a little ways so that my pedal attaches at an angle too, so when I sit on my throne, the placement of my feet on the pedals forms the perfect V shape, with the snare nestled nicely in the middle. I find it works better for me than having the bass drum facing straight.

Anyways. Tell me what you think of it! It sounds great, especially those expensive Meinl cymbals! :D

Another Ddrum player :D (i've seen about 3 of us on this forum :p) , nice looking kit, the bottom setup is pretty much the same as mine!

Another Ddrum player :D (i've seen about 3 of us on this forum :p) , nice looking kit, the bottom setup is pretty much the same as mine!

Yeah, a lot of people don't care for DDrum, but a friend of mine has one of their kits, and it sounds great. I did a lot of research before purchasing, and seeing as I was spending so much on cymbals, I couldn't go over my budget, and of the kits that I was looking at, this seemed a great choice. So far, I'm not at all disappointed!

Thanks for your comment! :D

There is nothing wrong with ddrum. I don't know why they got a bad rap.
Nice kit. I like the design of the lugs.

Nice! Neverplayed a ddrum kit but they look pretty nice. As said, cool lug design.

There is nothing wrong with ddrum. I don't know why they got a bad rap.
Nice kit. I like the design of the lugs.

I don't understand either. Perhaps it's because of the fact that in the past, they've had issues with quality control, and customer service. However, they've improved by leaps and bounds since then, and I decided to give them a chance. As said before, I don't regret it so far!

Great looking kit! and I bet that Meinl Byzance china sounds incredible

Thanks! :D

That china sounds amazing. It's SO nice! ;)

Nice! Neverplayed a ddrum kit but they look pretty nice. As said, cool lug design.

They're definitely a decent company, and they make quality kits for affordable prices. Check 'em out sometime! :)

It looks way cool. I am four-piece kit drummer myself. peace and goodwill.

It sounds good in the videos. I was impressed by the kick. The finish is quite cool, not something I'd choose but it looks nice.

It looks way cool. I am four-piece kit drummer myself. peace and goodwill.

Yeah, playing a four-piece is so much fun. I hardly ever use the high tom anyways, lol.

Thanks for the comment! :D

It sounds good in the videos. I was impressed by the kick. The finish is quite cool, not something I'd choose but it looks nice.

It's definitely got a great sound to it. Perhaps it's the Alder that the shells are made out of. The kick probably has more "oomph" to it in the videos than it does in person, because I had to add low-end to the video, because the camera didn't capture the sound very well. As I mentioned in the thread with my videos though, I think that was because I used the auto gain setting instead of manually configuring the mic gain.

Thanks for the comment! :D

Who cares what anyone thinks. The important thing is how they sound. You are happy and that's what counts. I own a pair of Deccabons. They are great drums and cost nowhere near what the Tama equivalent costs. You made a wise choice.Cheers...

Back