Show off your TAMA !

Marble, that is my dream kit right there. It looks amazing in that room under those lights. In the last pic the shells almost look black. Enjoy them my friend, I am super jealous.

Thanks dudes.

I sold all my gear a few years ago after a nasty band breakup and kicked myself ever since. They were also Starclassic Maples, but in the Platinum Fade finish. I gigged the hell out of them, they we're dented and scratched but they were my babies. When I was looking to get back into drumming I searched for over a year for a pristine Japan made maple kit, and found these on eBay close enough to make a day trip to go get them. I messaged the guy and he ended up ending the auction early and selling them to me because he knew I'd never let them go. I never had the 16" tom on my last kit because it would've been too much to get the Platinum Fade color made, so this is also the kit I've always wanted. It's way to much to gig with, but for a home studio they are brilliant. I'll buy another kit before I ever take these out of their new home.

There aren't even hairline scratches on them...no bass drum hoop chips or anything. It sounds sick, but I sometimes go up and stare at them when I'm bored, lol...The Marine Blue Fade finish is beyond beautiful, they look like furniture. Here are some pics with less editing so you can see the natural color.

I've got some Youtube videos in my signature, but the audio is just with the camera mic so I'm hesitant to even post the link. I'm collecting mics and stuff now, so when the time comes I'll post some videos of the way they sound.

Last edited:
Thanks dudes.

I sold all my gear a few years ago after a nasty band breakup and kicked myself ever since. They were Starclassic Maples....

I'm going to be a pain and ask but can you turn that beauty around so we can get a full frontal? :D

Absolutely stunning. Congrats to you man. Now I'm on eBay scrounging around for what's left out there lol

Good luck!

I've been looking for an 8" tom in MBF just for grins, because I'd likely rarely use it. Also, finding a snare in the same finish would be nice. The SC snare I've got is actually Coral Reef Blue, but they are so close its nearly impossible to tell.

I just picked this up today... There's an 8" tom as well that goes with it that's not setup.
drums_zps66551f87.jpg

22 x 18" kick
8 x 7", 10 x 8" and 12 x 9" rack toms
14 x 12" and 16 x 14" floor toms
14 x 5" snare

I like the color.

We're neighbors, kinda...Hello from Arlington.

Well in the whole big picture of the world, we are pretty close.

Funny story about the color. I was at the store looking for a new set and they come and the truck had just come and they were wheeling this kit in the boxes. The sales guy looks and the box says "black trans satin." So I'm watching them unbox it and it wasn't black trans satin. Anyway I liked the color so I got it. Not sure what exactly the finish is called though.

Image4_zps06a4f9b9.jpg

Updated as of 14th August 2013

Tama Starclassic Maple (2007 Made in Japan lolz)

8, 10, 12, 14(left), 16 Toms
12" Melody Master Snare
All Sabian cymbals
Gilbraltor Rack and Tama hardware.
Evans EC2 on Toms and Remo CS (blackdot) on snare

Mine isn't near as impressive as some of yours...but I love it. Its a Superstar Hyper-Drive. Just bought it a couple of weeks ago, got the heads on it today and played. Great drums, best hardware I've ever used. Next project is decent crashes, a splash, maybe an Ozone, Speed Cobras, and a 13x7 Snare.

Updated Tama Starclassic Maples in molten satin brown burst:

10x8, 12x9, 16x14, 22x18
14x6 SLP G-Bubinga snare

Cymbals (mostly Sabian):
3 bells (used to be crashes)
Splashes: 10" AA, 10" AA China
Crashes: 16" AAX-Plosion, 16" HH Thin, 18" Artisan, 18" A Custom Medium, 18" Meinl Byzance Traditional Medium Thin
Ride: 20" HH Leopard
Hats: 14" AAX Studio
Chinas: 19" Holy China, 19" AAX-Treme
Stack: 8" HH Max Stax

Apologies for cellphone quality pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0299[1].JPG
    IMG_0299[1].JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 2,781
  • IMG_0304[1].JPG
    IMG_0304[1].JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 2,780
  • IMG_0301[1].JPG
    IMG_0301[1].JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 2,826
  • IMG_0297[1].JPG
    IMG_0297[1].JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 2,784
  • IMG_0298[1].JPG
    IMG_0298[1].JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 2,810
Here's my kit.....
IMG_20130908_1529472.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
It's a 84 Swingstar with 8,10,12,14, and 16" toms, 22" kick, and a 14x6.5" snare.
All heads are Aquarian except for the 8, and 10" toms. Studio x on the toms, coated power dot on the snare, and Superkick II.

cymbals are
13" New Beats
17" AA Metal X crash
18" Ufip Class Crash
18" A Custom Projection crash
21" Signature Rod Morgenstein Tri Top Ride
20" Meinl Dragon china
12" Meinl Dragon splash
8" Ufip Class splash

Good luck!

I've been looking for an 8" tom in MBF just for grins, because I'd likely rarely use it. Also, finding a snare in the same finish would be nice. The SC snare I've got is actually Coral Reef Blue, but they are so close its nearly impossible to tell.

I searched for nearly two years before finding an 8" Tom for my gradation raspberry fade kit. I finally found one on eBay, It matches perfectly, which says a lot for Tama's quality control department, considering it was made like 4 years after my kit. Keep searching, persistence is the key. (;

New cymbals and set-up. I got rid of my 10" tom and moved the 12" over to the left of the bass drum. I picked up an AAX stage crash to replace my AA medium crash that wasn't really working with the rest of my cymbals.

Back