Seeking Metal Drummer with mics

tlenvy

Seeking metal drummers to record drum tracks for my bands music. We currently have a drummer we just need you to play his parts and record them. This is a commission and you will be paid for each track you record for us.

Depending on quality tracks will pay 25-40 dollars a piece.

Here is some of our older stuff, but mildly reflects the required drumming ability.
https://www.facebook.com/AndSoItGoes423/app_2405167945

Anyone interested please contact me at [email protected]

wanted: trained chef to heat up microwave meals

depending on how well you do it, we'll pay 25-40 a night.

No.

Yeah, I agree - that price range is an outright joke!
It would even be a joke if the drummer came in for the recording, being 100% prepared for the specific material and having learned all parts 'in his/her spare time, just for fun'.
But to expect a drummer to walk in and learn that stuff - or any stuff, for that matter - right on the spot, for THAT amount of money? Wake up (and be prepared to pay considerably more) - or dream on (and nothing is going to happen), it's up to you.

Look: You say you have a drummer. So what's the problem? Let him/her play the stuff. Oh, your drummer isn't up to doing it? Well no prob, give him those few months/years that he/she needs to get there and get the job done. And try calculating the compensation in money that you'd be willing to spend on your drummer from now until the point of time he/she will be able to do the job. Then compare this to 25-40 dollar per track for an external 'I'll do it at once, no prob' session drummer - and have a serious laugh because the difference will be immense. Whoever will be up to walking in and doing the job must have serious skills. And those skills have been acquired by long-term and dedicated practice/playing. This NEEDS to get paid accordingly.

I have to "like" it on facebook to even play the track?? Weak..

You are way under priced on your offer. Anyone equipped to do a decent recording of a drum kit is going demand more let alone someone who has invested the time to develop the skills to play it.

http://www.sessionplayers.com/

As a metal drummer, I find this insulting. Go buy a drum machine from a pawn shop with your $25-40.

"Wanted: Huge body-builder type to push Volkswagen up steep hill. Will pay in beer."

"We currently have a drummer we just need you to play his parts and record them."

IDONTGETIT. So you're current drummer can't pony up his/her share of the dough to record, or they suck in the studio. Sucks when you discover a great live player can't record for crap. That happens.

I didn't have to like it to hear it. Its jump metal. The first word on the track is even "jump".

What in the name of self indulgent nonsense is "jump metal".Just how many different kinds of metal are there anyway?What are we up to ..100 maybe?:)

Yea,if you already have a drummer,give him a wack at it.Otherwisw,the fees you're offering,are just insulting.Why not give Joey Jordinson a shout,I hear he's looking for work.:)

Steve B

What in the name of self indulgent nonsense is "jump metal".Just how many different kinds of metal are there anyway?What are we up to ..100 maybe?:)

Yea,if you already have a drummer,give him a wack at it.Otherwisw,the fees you're offering,are just insulting.Why not give Joey Jordinson a shout,I hear he's looking for work.:)

Steve B

Think Korn but a bit heavier. Some singing, some growling, some whiny emo type vocals as well. I really don't know what category of metal it would fall under. I used jump as a generalization. Unless their new stuff is faster and more complicated, I don't really see why their drummer would have a problem playing this, unless they are fishing for ideas.

I'm sure Wallin Smash is available.

Don't insult the Smash. That man is a genius! Maybe Jenns Hannemann?

I wanted to hear the track, but I didn't want to like the page until I heard it. Oh what a vicious cycle this is. Oh well. And I'm working on my double bass chops (sort of).

Last edited:
Well,the OP was here today,but didn't post anything.I guess we frightened him away,or he's rethinking his "generous" ,real world offer..:):)

Steve B

I might be wrong, but this seems like a clever ploy to receive Facebook 'likes' for their songs.

I might be wrong, but this seems like a clever ploy to receive Facebook 'likes' for their songs.

If that was the case...seems like he would have posted a realistic number. At least then some drummers may have actually listened to it. haha.

D

Couldn't help but to think how Derek or someone of similar stature could so troll these guys. I agree, the amounts quoted are insanely low considering they expect you to learn, and record all the material.

Back