My Renown Stealth 2 up, 1 down

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
I got my Gretsch Renown back home 'cause the band I was using it with went kaput. No biggie since I still have the other funk band. I decided to set it up (since I am unlikely to take this beast out for a gig) and leave my Ludwig Club Date in bags ready to go since it's a much more portable kit.

I also decided to set it up 2 up, 1 down. I've been playing a lot this way on back-line kits so I figured I'd go with it. The Stealth rack is better off getting some use rather than packed in a closet taking up space so what the hell. Looks killer like this, I think. Sounds killer too, of course.

Yes, it's a clean look. But it's not as portable as advertised. Bulky pipes are bulky pipes. Has its advantages though as racks do.

That's the nicest rack I've ever seen!

Thanks, Larry. Having the racks on the side leave the front of the kit nicely exposed. One of Gibraltar's many great ideas.

See I would consider this rack. I really detest the big honkin bar going right across the prime real estate. At first I didn't even think it was a rack system. Nice choice.

See I would consider this rack. I really detest the big honkin bar going right across the prime real estate. At first I didn't even think it was a rack system. Nice choice.

Yeah, and unless you're using more than two rack toms a front bar is quite unnecessary. It's called the Vertical Mounting System or Stealth if you're interested.

Actually, with a double tom mount on both sides you can easily mount 4 rack toms without a front bar. This rack is very versatile.

What do you do when you have an extra clamp and cymbal arm? You mount a splash, of course!

Stealth rack rocks. Best rack on the planet.

That is a seriously awesome mute.

By the by, I've been needing to buy some hi-hat mutes for my two sets for a while now- how do you like that pizza-slice style? Are the foot chicks diminished in volume too? I was thinking of putting a towel or other fabric in between the hats and over the edge to diminish the volume but if that top one does enough for muting, I'll just ignore it.

That is a seriously awesome mute.

By the by, I've been needing to buy some hi-hat mutes for my two sets for a while now- how do you like that pizza-slice style? Are the foot chicks diminished in volume too? I was thinking of putting a towel or other fabric in between the hats and over the edge to diminish the volume but if that top one does enough for muting, I'll just ignore it.

Thanks Porter. I find the available bass drum mutes too expensive. This is just my way of saving some money.

The hi-hat mute comes with a round mute with a hole in the middle to sit on the bottom cymbal. So foot chicks are mostly muted too.

Last edited:
Gibraltar Stealth

Hi Drumdevil9,

I unloaded my curved rack and currently using stands. My main purpose to maybe buying a setup like you have is to lighten the weight I carry around and simplify my setup. Would you in all honesty say this setup accomplishes that?

Looks great too.

Thanks,

2b

Back