GMS G28

G-MaN91

Pioneer Member
Ordered this from Indoor Storm and just got it today

GMS G28 6.5x14 Snare Drum in light blue

357846905.jpg

forums

forums

Also, anyone have experience with snare drums that have deep snare beds? This drum's bed is pretty deep and i'm having trouble getting the snares tensioned right. Towards the rim, the snares are tight because they're being pulled into the bed, but they're still kind of loose in the middle. Any advice?

I love the snare man, great buy.

As for the snares, If the tension is even on both ends they should be uniform across.
If you exhaust all options and variable tunings (Including head tension) there is a product out but I can't remember the name. It's snare wires incased in a metal frame that makes the snares lie flat and uniform against the head. and the ends just fasten like normal snare wires.

I'll see if I can find it............ I just called the drum shop in Portland, He recommended either "Fat cat" snare wires or "Puresound's, 'Equalizer". The company that makes the framed wires is Rhythm tech "Active snare wires".

Thanks guys, glad you're diggin it.

Drumsword.. thanks a ton for lookin into that for me. I'll check into some of those wires soon. I actually live right in NH too, so I've been to the drum shop in Portland a few times, it's a great store.

I'll let you guys know how the snares work out and try get some better pics up too

Thanks guys, glad you're diggin it.

Drumsword.. thanks a ton for lookin into that for me. I'll check into some of those wires soon. I actually live right in NH too, so I've been to the drum shop in Portland a few times, it's a great store.

I'll let you guys know how the snares work out and try get some better pics up too

Another NH resident! Live Free or Die brother!

Sweet, My brother lived in Goffstown, just outside Manchester until last year when he moved somewhere in PA. Haven't spoken to him in quite awhile now.

Yeah, the guys at the drum shop are pretty cool. They've taken a lot of my money, lol. I've bought 2 Brady snares through them, 4 or 5 cymbals now, and my wife bought me a set of gretsch and a set of yamaha E-drums off them.

Another NH resident! Live Free or Die brother!

I'll probably live there by next year...can't wait until it says "Live Free or Die" on my license plate. ;) Whereabouts are you?

On topic: Awesome snare - I love that GMS machines their own brass hardware. Any sound clips?

Back