what year is my pearl export ???

mrbling

Silver Member
just curious ive seen a lot of pearl exports , and for one i dont remember seeing one with the same badge. let alone see what year it belongs to.

bottom line - anyone know ??

Attachments

• P2002_27-04-10.jpg
    P2002_27-04-10.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 7,006
I have the same badge on mine and I also can't seem to find out what year model it is...

Does yours come with a Pearl Steel Series snare too? (Steel Shell)

I hope someone can enlighten us. :)

@mrbling

Just got info, my kit is around 15 years old (same badges as the ones you have). Its still sounding amazing though!

I'd say mid-90's.

But it's impossible to get more specific, because they didn't change dramatically from year to year.

I had one from '95 or 96' with a more generic rectangle badge and they changed the next year to the one in your pic, but I don't know how long they used it for.

I just bought a used set with a similar badge.
I found an equivalent on a thread about Pearl Export badges on the Pearl forum, and a poster says his is from 1999.

Mine is dark blue (the Pearl "Deep Blue"?) and same rectangular badge, no serial number.
Kit as I found it is 22x16 (metal), 10 x7, 12x8, 14x10, with "Steel Shell Mirror Chrome" snare.

There is a PDF doc called "Export Time Line" that someone put together, and it shows each model year, including, shell style, factory colors.

- p

Blimey this is an old thread, havent played those drums in almost a year, dont even live in the house those pics were taken in anymore :p.

but thats for the info glad to know when they are from. checked out the pdf file not overly helpful but some good work gone into that.

Those are from about 1996 to 1999. I had a 1995 Export that had the gold on black rectangle badges and slightly different hi tension "style" lugs.

The following year Pearl changed the lugs and badges, but by 2000 they had gone to separate lugs and added ISS mounts.

Back