Missing posts-What happened?

Derek

Silver Member
I logged on today and the upper right of my screen reads, "You last visited 11-18-14"; I've been on Saturday and yesterday since the site recovered.

I also notice a fair bit of missing posts from that time frame, and I'm not talking about only my own. Entire bits of threads and conversations are missing today that were there yesterday.

In fact, entire threads are missing.

What happened?

Bernhard explained that it was necessary to delete the last 5 days worth of posts. I think PMs got included in that hot mess too.

Indeed. It appears that he did a point-in-time recovery of the DB from just shy of a week ago. I am able to log in again using my old password.

Just a glitch in the Matrix.

This morning's unprecedented solar eclipse is no cause for alarm.

James, you have 16 hours to save the Earth.

What actually happened is the light that shines from my backside interfered with the fibre optic datacentre and caused an unprecedented glitch in the servers. Sorry about that. Next time, I'll be more careful when I take a compliment.

James, you have 16 hours to save the Earth.

What actually happened is the light that shines from my backside interfered with the fibre optic datacentre and caused an unprecedented glitch in the servers. Sorry about that. Next time, I'll be more careful when I take a compliment.

You're obviously a scholar Duncan!

For the record, there's a black hole joke just waiting to be made, which I am (so far) refusing to make.

I think the real explanation is that MZ's Internet tides were in flux.

Bernhard explained that it was necessary to delete the last 5 days worth of posts. I think PMs got included in that hot mess too.

oooooooooooooooooh ok

i though my posts just got deleted

i did notice the 11.18.14 log in thing too!

Hmmm...site goes down just as I'm trying to re-join.

Coincidence??? I think not.

i thought DW had passed the 100K mark for Forum members too? Now it's 92K so did 8K identities disappear into a black hole or Twilight Zone? It could be a case of Alien Abduction too-that or a Big Foot problem.

Back