First Post...getting back in the swing of things!

MarbleGT

Feels like this is my 9000th forum introduction thread...none the less, my name is Jordan.

Long story short, back in 2008 I sold my Starclassic Maples in Platinum Fade to Maximedia Studios here in Dallas. I bought them brand new, and soon realized that there were only a few kits produced in that color in the world. I worked incredibly hard for the kit and have felt sick ever since I sold them. Although they had been gigged all over the country, they were still my babies. The band broke up, and rent money at the time looked more appealing.

I haven't played since then, but slowly have been getting the itch again to bring myself back up to par and not waste the gift that is being a drummer. I thought I was sold on Gretsch Renowns, but I longed for a kit from the same era. So much has changed since the last time I bought drums.

My patience has paid off. I have found and purchased a Marine Blue Fade Starclassic Maple kit from a fellow Texan. They haven't been played in a few years, and have been sitting in cases inside a house. They are stunning and appear to be rarely played to begin with or toted around like babies. No scratches or anything! According to the only owner (still has receipts), they we're always handled with gloves on.

I don't plan on doing the band thing again, because I like a steady income to much and these will be in a home studio for the rest of their days. Also, I've since sold my SUV and about the biggest item I can fit in my MX5 is a splash cymbal!

I'll post more pictures when they get here, along with pictures of the old Platinum Fade kit.

8x10, 9x12, 11x14, 13x16 & 18x22.

Starclassic1.jpg

Starclassic.jpg

& the old band...the last recording I did, 2007-2008ish.

http://youtu.be/sorsiaEMv5E

Here are the pics of the Platinum Fade kit. I used the studio's 18x22 for the recording, as I usually triggered live and my kick was setup to do so.

P1010023.jpg

P1010154.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, the last time I bought drums was probably around 2002-2003, so what happened?

Basically everything is made in China now, no?

I remember the days where the Starclassic brochure had about 30-40 different amazing lacquers...

Back