SO what annoys you? (The so is on purpose)

The toilet roll being the wrong way round.

Being assigned a lecture room that has insufficient board space for me to draw a circuit schematic, write down and work through the equations and solutions, and draw a few graphs. Especially when a few doors down there's a prof who writes down about five words during the whole class.

But what really annoys me at the college is Power Point. I swear, it is the software version of a sleeping pill. It must be the most abused piece of software ever created. People tell me there is such a thing as an engaging and interesting PP presentation but, like mermaids and unicorns, I have seen no definitive proof of their existence.

And how's this for a generation gap: I know a professor (lovely fellow, really) who does all of his lectures via PP and then makes hard copies of them and passes them out to the students. Seriously. Hard copies of something he could just email to them. I think to people of a certain generation things aren't "real" unless you can hold them in your hand.

Oh, and my informal polling suggests that students as a rule hate PP based lectures.

Oh, and my informal polling suggests that students as a rule hate PP based lectures.

I like them because I can print them out and use them to study with. I am also twice as old as most students, so perhaps my opinion on how to gather and use information differs from the younger crowd.

The thing that does bother me about PP presentations is that no one at my school seems to know how to adjust the keystone on the projectors, so all PP presentations are trapezoidal, not square. That really bothers me.

I like them because I can print them out and use them to study with. I am also twice as old as most students, so perhaps my opinion on how to gather and use information differs from the younger crowd.

That may be. From my own experience I find it pointless for someone to give a PP presentation and stand to the side while reading the slides. If that's all it's going to be, just write up your bullet points in a document and email them to me.

The thing that does bother me about PP presentations is that no one at my school seems to know how to adjust the keystone on the projectors, so all PP presentations are trapezoidal, not square. That really bothers me.

I don't know about your school's particular gear but some projectors don't have multi-axis adjustment capabilities so they might not have the option.

As long as we're going down this road, another thing that annoys me is when they take down 15 feet of white board space and replace it with a 4 or 5 foot so-called Smartboard and a dinky little 6 foot white board next to it. The Smartboards we have are like trying to draw on a puddle of molasses. I'd rather have chalk than that thing.

Now if someone could come up with an affordable 15 foot wide touch sensitive non-projection display that I could draw on with my finger or a stylus, save and recall boards, and then have each board uploaded to my class web pages, I'd be one happy camper. I mean, I would be, like, totally gruntled.

Three things annoy me:

1. People who drive slower than I do.
2. People who drive faster than I do.
3. People who drive the same speed as I do.

When I do a ton of research for someone at work only to watch them take 100% of the credit for all of the work I did and I am powerless to let the audience know that I did all of the work.

Getting that Office Space kind of burnt out here....

MM

It annoys me when I go to a movie and see commercials for soda and to join the army. They used to run cartoons or something that would entertain. The quest for the eternal dollar continues to disgust me.

It annoys me when I go to a movie and see commercials for soda and to join the army. They used to run cartoons or something that would entertain. The quest for the eternal dollar continues to disgust me.

Or how about going to an 8:10 movie that starts at 8:45.... 35 minutes of ads, previews and warnings to turn off our phones

People being unkind to others who are in a weaker position. I am feeling RAGE right now.

When I do a ton of research for someone at work only to watch them take 100% of the credit for all of the work I did and I am powerless to let the audience know that I did all of the work.

Getting that Office Space kind of burnt out here....

MM

Yeah, my boss just asked for latest TPS reports, wants me to work nights and weekends, and then let me know I'll be getting let go soon.

This really annoys me: When employers treat their employees' pension fund like a piggy bank and underfund it in order to make their books look better today, and the workers and retirees wind up getting screwed tomorrow.

It's another cat one.

When he accompanies you to the loo (bathroom), sits on your lap while you powder your nose, and demands to watch you flush the toilet - and then runs away because he's scared. And blames you, of course, for frightening him.

It's another cat one.

When he accompanies you to the loo (bathroom), sits on your lap while you powder your nose, and demands to watch you flush the toilet - and then runs away because he's scared. And blames you, of course, for frightening him.
You powder your nose whilst taking a slash? Impressive! I think I'd be a petrified pussy too :)

You powder your nose whilst taking a slash? Impressive! I think I'd be a petrified pussy too :)

I have never "taken a slash" in my life, I'll have you know.

Wait till you meet Stig. The most inaptly-named creature that ever there was.

WOMEN!!! THAT"S WHAT ANNOYS ME. Texting at 70 MPH at 7 am on the highway... ARE YOU THAT IMPORTANT??? Women shopping in the mens clothing section...get out of my way! Are you brousing or grazing? Tell your husband to buy his own clothes and while your at it tell him to buy a set of ? cause YOU'RE NOT HIS MOMMY!!! (Clearly anger management issues).

Back