Tribute to Boston Marathon Bombing Victims at Fenway Park

JohnW

Silver Member
Yesterday afternoon, Easter Sunday, our Pipe Band, The Stuart Highlanders were honored to play as part of the pregame ceremony for the Red Sox, to honor the victims of last year's marathon bombing. Don't blink; I'm from 0:14 to 0:18 seconds in the lower left hand corner and from 1:47 to 1:48:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...d-sox-honor-victims-eve-118th-boston-marathon

We joined the Boston State Police Pipe Band and the University of Massachusetts Brass Band.

This year's marathon will take place in a couple of hours and will have 36,000 runners, the 2nd biggest in our history.

Hey John, Thanks for sharing. I had to play in the Lexington Day Parade and missed this. Great tribute and great playing too. Very touching.

2bsticks- You did the Patriot's Day Parade yesterday? That's awesome! We did too (I'm not sure what division we were in). What group are you with?

Hi, I am in an oldies band The Reminisants. We were at station 33. Great day for the parade.

Hi, I am in an oldies band The Reminisants. We were at station 33. Great day for the parade.

It was a nice parade day. Warm but not brutally hot (like two years ago) or cold and windy like last year.

I'm listening to The Reminisants right now (the "Juke-o-matic"). And "We Gotta Get Outta This Place". You guys are awesome!

Hi,

Wow thats pretty old. Lots of changes since that was recorded. We have added a guitarist, new bass player (Berklee Professor) and our keyboard player passed away last month so we just added a new keyboard player too. I guess that happenes when your old and you play in an oldies band :)

Try to enjoy every gig like it's your last. Here is a link to our website, come check us out and please introduce yourself. My name is Pete.

www.reminisants.com

Back