Yamaha Stage Custom Bebop Riser

davidr

So I am currently choosing between the Tama Silverstar Jazz and the Yamaha Custom Bebop. I like the Tama, but I hear that the riser is too far away from the bass hoop. Does anybody know whether the Yamaha comes with a riser? Is it good? Also, I assume the kits sound pretty similar (no option of testing them). They are basically the same spec.

I've heard a few problems with this kit though. Apparently the build quality is inferior to the other two kits, the tom mount is poor and I can't say any of the finishes does it for me. Also, the kit has the same riser issue as the Tama. All of this is based on what I have taken from forums though, having not seen the kits in person :(

get the gretsch catalina club jazz!

The Tama is a 4 piece that comes with a snare, and the Yamaha is 3 piece.

This is part of its attraction, the fact that the money is distributed among three drums not four, which suggests a better build quality (although this may not hold true). Yamaha hardware is as good as you'd expect from a company that makes motorbikes etc. That's something I always like about Yamaha. I will probably go with the mapex riser if I find a need for it.

Just get a Gibralter unit for about twenty bucks.

I have a Tour Custom Bebop and the jaws on the foot pedal clamp didn't get wide enough to bite around the wooden bass drum hoop, so I went for the Gibralter bit. Its sturdy, simple, and compact.

The SCs are cool drums.

Back