80's and 90's Lars Ulrich Kit

Ironcobra

Platinum Member
I know they dont make this model anymore but does anyone know of a kit that has the same look? White with black hardware?

Attachments

• LarsKit5[1].jpg
    LarsKit5[1].jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 35,537
Last edited:
The first owner of my kit wanted that kit you show us there, and he did a poor job trying to 'make' it. He spraypainted the lugs on some Imperialstar toms, and spray painted cymbalstands and hi-hit stand. So this is what you get:

I would not recommend this DIY kind of stuff. The kit is great though, it just looks a little amateuristic if you look close..

Attachments

• rockstar 033 (Medium).jpg
    rockstar 033 (Medium).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 17,344
  • rockstar 037 (small).jpg
    rockstar 037 (small).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 13,054
  • rockstar 050 (Small).jpg
    rockstar 050 (Small).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16,887
You can get a Lars looking kit from any company that has black hardware. And in todays world, that is just about everyone. If you are looking for something less expensive than a high end maple kit then I would suggest going with a Peace Demolition kit.

http://www.peacedrum.com/product_detail.asp?ID=19#

813200360455PMDemo-White-Full.jpg

You COULD get a nice white kit and change out the hardware easily enough if it's in standard measurements. Or send off the current hardware to get powdercoated for a really nice finish. Or just assemble a kit yourself in the color you want. =)

You could order the peices and do it yourself...that would be the cheapest way.

Or you can get a custom kit. I dont think many companies are trying to re create the 80s these days lol.

Those toms that Lars had back then were 12,13,14 and 16. yes thats right, his fourth tom was a 16x16 MOUNTED.

yes thats right, his fourth tom was a 16x16 MOUNTED.

16X15 then...sheesh....
Depth police................
Yeah, 1" is just 1". I guess it's all about what drummer you're talking about. I know if this thread involved John Bonham, 1" would be a bigger deal. But I've seen Lars White and Black kit at the NAMM show, the real tour kit, and Tama was selling a limited version, which you could get with black chrome hardware and stands. And really, what caught my eye was the word MOUNTED all in caps., like this was punctuating some gospel truth. So anyhow, I apologize to all for any inconvenience I might have caused.

Yeah, 1" is just 1". I guess it's all about what drummer you're talking about. I know if this thread involved John Bonham, 1" would be a bigger deal. But I've seen Lars White and Black kit at the NAMM show, the real tour kit, and Tama was selling a limited version, which you could get with black chrome hardware and stands. And really, what caught my eye was the word MOUNTED all in caps., like this was punctuating some gospel truth. So anyhow, I apologize to all for any inconvenience I might have caused.

many ladies would argue that 1" matters a lot ;)

You could always get the hardware powder coated black, thought it would be very cheap. And i would not recommend spray paint... and rim shots or stick clicks and there'll be a lot of ugly silver flecks everywhere.

Back