14x5.5 Bubinga Segment Snare

scooter540

Well I recently discovered a snare company out of Guelph, Ontario by the name of Tumbling Boulders (http://tumblingboulders.blogspot.ca/). My dad purchased a snare from them unseen and unheard because the price was almost too good to be true. When it arrived I played around with it and was amazed of the sound. I absolutely had to have one for myself! After contacting the owner Greg (awesome guy), I struck up a deal to acquire a 14x5.5 Bubinga segment snare. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. It arrived in the mail within a couple days of ordering it and I've had a blast tinkering with it to see what kinds of sounds I can get out of it. I didn't think I could find a snare that could match the versatility of my SJC snare but this thing sure gives it a run for its money. If anyone is in the market for a new custom snare I strongly suggest getting in touch with Greg and working something out. He custom builds all of his drums with top quality parts and his prices are unmatched by any other custom company I've seen. Now on to the pics!

Attachments

• 36785m5_20.jpeg
    36785m5_20.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 7613g51_20.jpeg
    7613g51_20.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 4466j66_20.jpeg
    4466j66_20.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
I didn't see your thread, but now I have, yes, a nice snare indeed. The shell is my kind of thing, should give plenty of low end & a nice bite too, but I'd prefer matching segmented hoops.

At the first look I think was a Battlefield snare drum, but then I read the info.

Very cool sane you have :)

Back