Price and quality check on this DW snare ??

beatsMcGee

Pioneer Member
I've got someone who wants to trade this snare drum for my three piece Rodgers Londoner kit. I'm not sure on the value of the snare or really how to authenticate it as a genuine DW collectors snare. I've attached pics. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 237
  • O0IqUfl.jpg
    O0IqUfl.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IhJvwLo.jpg
    IhJvwLo.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 199
  • UecE7Ct.jpg
    UecE7Ct.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 198
  • hj7YlIH.jpg
    hj7YlIH.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 198
I'll echo the others.

You can probably pick a DW snare up this second-hand for around $450. That's a bit of a guess but I think a reasonable on - they're quite plentiful in the US. There's no 'mystique' surrounding this snare, it's just a high-quality ply snare. No doubt good quality but not worth swapping a kit for.

The Rogers Londoner isn't one of the sought-after Rogers kits, it's from the 'Big R' era which aren't as popular with the vintage crowd but it's still a very good kit and limited in numbers. I would still hang onto the Rogers if you like it and play it enough to justify keeping it.

I just don't play the rogers kit that much...

but the value of the snare is around $450 ?

I just don't play the rogers kit that much...

but the value of the snare is around $450 ?

That's an educated guess. I live in the UK and the prices are different so I'm making my guess on UK prices and then reducing that figure by factoring in how much more common they are in the US, exchange rates, etc.

Look on eBay. That'll give you a better idea of its value than I can.

Back