Your Wisdom Woodshed

Well , I'm building a small drum room in my house!! :D

Hopefully it will be finished in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know how the proyect goes

meanwhile here are some of pics

Attachments

• DSC02982.JPG
    DSC02982.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 3,142
  • DSC02985.JPG
    DSC02985.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 3,180
  • DSC02996.JPG
    DSC02996.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 3,199
  • DSC03003.JPG
    DSC03003.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 3,126
Me and my dad brought this caravan for £20 and stripped it out and put a heater inside it, layed it with carpet, linked up to the mains and put a light in and then bam there is my home made "wisdom woodshed" as you guys call it lol

Attachments

• DRUMMER WORLD CARAVAN.jpg
    DRUMMER WORLD CARAVAN.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 3,010
  • DRUMMER WORLD KIT 2.jpg
    DRUMMER WORLD KIT 2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 3,017
  • DRUMMERWORLD KIT PIC.jpg
    DRUMMERWORLD KIT PIC.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 3,073
Me and my dad brought this caravan for £20 and stripped it out and put a heater inside it, layed it with carpet, linked up to the mains and put a light in and then bam there is my home made "wisdom woodshed" as you guys call it lol

Ding ding ding, we got a winner, I absolutely love this one.

SimLarge.jpg

My room and where my band rehearses.

I've been wanting to do that!!
Can you travel with it? How much noice do you hear from outside?
I was thinking about doing that when I get my own place, instead of renting an additional practise room (if I can find any!)
Thanks! :)

PS: Please send me a PM, if you can!

I've been wanting to do that!!
Can you travel with it? How much noice do you hear from outside?
I was thinking about doing that when I get my own place, instead of renting an additional practise room (if I can find any!)
Thanks! :)

PS: Please send me a PM, if you can!

Zorlee you can practice at my place any time!!! Uh, my fiance' may object but what the hell!!

www.wolvesatthedoor.net

Here's my little home practice kit, it's a little Pearl Rhythm Traveler Gig with Roland Mesh heads. I've also got a pair of plastic hihats (not seen in the picture). I'm hoping to outfit it with triggers, V-cymbals and either a module or a PC MIDI interface, but for now it only makes a lot of muffled thuds :)

Kit_Practice_01.jpg

Well I've just given it a clear-up to make it at least a bit presentable :p
P1060527.jpg

P1060529.jpg

The kit is a Roland V-Drum TD-3
P1060531.jpg

I don't have a proper stick bag yet so this has to do.
P1060534.jpg

Inspiration.
P1060535.jpg

It doesn't go up to 11, sadly :(
P1060538.jpg

My one and only real cymbal.
P1060539.jpg

The TD-3 module. I;m using iPod earbuds cos my normal 'phones are broken.
P1060533.jpg

My music stand
P1060532.jpg

The holder. It holds very useful things such a drum keys, sheet music, a screwdriver, CDs, manuals for the kit, my two MP3s players, my CD player and...Paperclips, post-its and little round stickers. It also bears a message on the side which I made out of pure boredom :p

I got a new studio not at my house so I have to get pics sometime...it's still a small room but I have more room for my kit and guitars...

Talk about a mobile studio. So trailer park. I love it!

I only have an e-kit right now. I practice on acoustic sets out of the house at friends place or I rent space occasionally ($15/hour including the kit!). I normally run the e-kit into a guitarport, set to "No Amp" and play along with MP3s stored on the PC using the guitar port. It has looping built right in so I can loop pieces of tunes to get through them correctly, and can also play them at half speed for learning. I play this thing at all hours of the night through headphones.. great for practice.

The TV is for watching drum DVDs and for the kids Xbox. My beloved LP is also in the pics. I love her. That classical guitar is a little $100 cheap plywood thing that is my "beater", that amazingly holds it's tune for weeks on end and sounds pretty good.

Here's my world:

woodshed001.jpg

woodshed002.jpg

woodshed003.jpg

woodshed004.jpg

woodshed005.jpg
Nice setup I like the groove essentials poster I have that DVD too. Gotta love tommy igoe

Back