DSCF1305.jpg

DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1298.jpg

DSCF1297.jpg

DSCF1296.jpg

DSCF1306.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning.

There is just something special with 2 kicks.

The color is beautiful.

Wonderful kit!!!!

What kind of music do you play?

DUUDE! That is beautiful!!!!! I love the oak customs!! great finish and nice cymbals!

specs?

Beautiful Kit...another set of Oak Customs. I love mine, love the blue finish on your kit. Also like the size of your floor toms...what are the specs on the drums and on the nice array of cymbals?

Keep the faith!

Thanks folks!

My bands are in my sig.

Specs:

Yamaha Oak Customs

10x8, 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x17(x2)

Tama Artwood 14x8 Snare

Sabian cymbals left to right

14" AA regualr hats
18" HHX china
10" AAX splash
18" HHXplosion crash
18" AAX china
19" AAX metal crash
22" HH power bell ride
20" AA china
20" AA medium crash

Axis A regular boards.

Last edited:
metal!!

im loving the finish, this is the first oak custom ive seen in blue (they're usually natural or orange)

**wets pants and runs to the bathroom giggling with joy!** :)

WOW is that HOT DUDE!! Very nice!!

damn oak is such a beautiful wood. i'm really thinking of the oak customs now but i have yet to try them out.

Fantastic kit and playing! I'm really digging Exit Strategy, your playing on The Duality of Man is outstanding.

Nice looking kit. I have never seen the Oak Custom in a blue finish before..looks great. The Oak Customs made it to the final 3 on my list when I bought my new set a couple of months ago. The guy in my local music store was going to sell the orange/ natural 4 pc. shell pack for around $1,250, which was a great deal. I finally decided on the Pearl Sessions Maple mainly because a free drum rack was thown in the deal and Musicians Friend would tote the note for a year. I love the two bass drum set up and especially your avatar ;-)

Ok 2 things I have to say:

1) That kit is amazing. Love the finish, love the double bass and your cymbals. I've seen that finish on a few kits, and the new Tour Customs have a similar finish. How do you like the EC2's on your toms? I had them on my Stage Custom. Didn't suit me. Excellent kit man.

2) GUINNESS!!!

Love it. I looked at the Oak Customs but they were a bit too harsh for my liking. Great cymbals as well, a Sabian man like myself.

R

Great kit man. I assume you like Tomas Haake his set-up a lot?

Yes, yes I do. Its not like its an uncommon setup really. I started on my dad's 5 piece and expanded outwards I guess with my own kit. I just started putting my ride up high and a big china low about a year ago. Only recently did I put a china in front of my 12 and 13 toms. Its a great spot and I dig it huge.

I'm almost happy with the EC2's on the toms. They took out alot of the attack and volume that oaks are known for. I think I'll go back to emperors next time around. I love the harshness of oak. It suits the music I currently play.

I had about 6 Guinness last night. I could drink it like water anytime.

Last edited:
Back