new home studio and new fibes

drummerern

i recenty set aside onre of the rooms in my house for a small practice and demo studio. after a couple weeks of playing with auralex and getting a new interface, she's finally ready.

also, i've been using a new kit.
these are a set of fibes in white marine pearl

drums:
20x14 kick
10x8
12x9
14x14
16x14

6.5x14 ludwig black beauty
10x5 tama artwood side snare.

cymbals: (just a few)
22" k light ride
20" k pre-aged special dry light ride
20" vintage a with rivets
20" vintage a w/o rivets (the most amazing thing i've ever heard)
14" quick beats
15" vintage a hats

all tama hardware with iron cobra pedals

here's pretty much every setup i use

12, 16, 20 with the pre-aged, light ride, vintage w/o rivets and quick beats (for rock)
10, 14, 20 with light ridde, and all the vintage cymbals ( for jazz)
10, 12, 14, 16, 20 with all the cymbals for pretty much everything else

Attachments

• IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 567
Nice looking setup, those fibes look killer, what kind of recording program do you run on your mac book, if im seeing it correctly?

as of now, im running logic express. just about all i need for demo recording

great looking room man!.. can you be specific on the room size and is the auralex doing it's job as expected?

laters..

Sweet, how much did thgose fibes run ya if you don't mind?. Whats the writing on the snare all about?

well, those fibes belong to my church, they're using my kit and i took those home to practice and get the studio up and running. my custom kit will be back by the end of this week (pics when they're setup) that is my main gigging snare (ludwig 6.5x14 black beauty) the writing was a set list, a couple small reminders and the half square is the sweet spot for rimshots. as for the auralex, i'll try to post some recordings with and without (it is all temporarily mounted till i get the acoustics just right) it took a while fiddling with it to get the room sounding ideal, still need a little more.

Back